ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car pulls to left, but only on certain roads... Road camber?

RB FF 182
Hi guys,

FF Clio 182 with cup packs, 04 plate.

I've noticed that on about 90% of roads it pulls to the left, it seems worse the closer to the curb I am. There are a few roads where the steering wheel is straight and the car doesn't seem to pull at all.

The tracking had been checked just before I bought the car and it was all straight, but it's something I've noticed from day 1. I know that these cars are a bit funny about road cambers, is there anything I can do to minimise this as it's starting to pi** me off!

I'm going to get the alignment checked anyway.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hi guys,

FF Clio 182 with cup packs, 04 plate.

I've noticed that on about 90% of roads it pulls to the left, it seems worse the closer to the curb I am. There are a few roads where the steering wheel is straight and the car doesn't seem to pull at all.

The tracking had been checked just before I bought the car and it was all straight, but it's something I've noticed from day 1. I know that these cars are a bit funny about road cambers, is there anything I can do to minimise this as it's starting to pi** me off!

I'm going to get the alignment checked anyway.

Mine does this too. I think it's just to do with the road camber.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Mine done this on straight roads. I went across to Europe and it done the opposite.

Providing its been tracked and you have a printout showing caster, camber and toe and everything is aligned properly it'll be the natural camber of the road. Just check for play, etc to make sure.

RB FF 182
Thanks guys. Everything has been replaced within the last 6 months so it should all be solid. I'll double check though.