ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car seems to be gettin lower! - Why

Hmm how long does it take for springs to settle from having it lowered? Mines been lowered for about 6 months but seems to still be gettin lower!

My car has become a little lower on the back and a fair bit on the front! So much so when i put the car on full lock the arch sits on the tyre and will scrub un-less i turn sub 2mph!

Its fine when driving normaly though or even if ragging it round bends or roundabouts so no worries there!

Shagged springs at the front maybe? How much of a drop did you go for? What size wheels/tyres are you running?

Hmm i got a mate to check and the springs seem to be fine. No cracks ect!

It was orginally a 40mil drop on 17s. Looks more like a 50 on the front now!

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 24 May 2004

Try bouncing a corner, if it doesnt settle quickly then you may have probs with shocks.
What do you mean by bouncing a corner? It still seems to handle fine and the shocks still spring when you push em down. Its got me and my mates beat!

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

have u got a fat missis now?

subsidence?

TBH as long as the handelings ok, the springs/shocks are fine then as long as its not bottomin out, no prob.

the rears on a torsion bar so its pretty hard for that to lower, try pumping your up your tyres! ;)

yeah, sounds like ur shocks are gettin pretty shagged, often park on a hill with the front facing down it? bouncin a corner means pushing a corner of you car up and down quickly at a corner of it, and see how the shock acts, if it takes a while 2 come back up, sounds like theyre knackered. also when you go over speed bumps etc, does the car bang? if it does then the shocks are screwed most likely!

Knackered shocks wont affect the ride height . Its much more likely tired springs and torsion bars . Many so-called lowered-uprated springs simply arent well enough made and sag very quickly , although you should always expect a short settling period for new springs .

Well i checked again and it springs right back when i push either side down. The 2 mil i can make it move anyways!

The springs are only about 6 months old and like ive already posted look fine!

The handling is fine and it isnt harsh at all so im guessing the shocks should be ok!

What kinda drop would it be? Bearing in mind on full lock the arch just sits on the tyre? I wanna get the back dropped to match!