ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car shuts down/wont accelrate

Rally Clio N3 Mk2
Well my Clio has this electrical bug, a false contact that randomly appears, i dont own a manual so i cant check this by myself.

The thing is that once in a while the light that looks like an electrocardiography (im guessing its fuse related) goes on and the car stops, it wont accelerate or anything and i have to re-start it and it works again.

I switched all the fuses from my other Clio but the problem is still there, its clearly a false contact, but i dont know which especific fuses or parts could be causing this light to turn on, any ideas where i should start checking?

PS: ive already unplugged and used compressed air to clean all the electrical terminals on the car, so i need to narrow down specifically which ones could make that light to go on.

is the light thats coming on the dash a orange light with a zig zag going through it?
has the car been a bit difficult (maybe not even starting on the first turn of the key when you first use it) starting?

mine had the same symtoms. plugged in a hand held code reader and no codes.
plugged in a snap on one which bought up other codes but once these were looked at and sorted again nothing. car still not starting. turns over fine though.

i now can't be arsed looking into it and just throwing money at it so its now in with the garage and should be getting looked at tomorrow.
if you want i'll post up the answer they get (providing they come up with one) and hopefully you can see if thats the course to your problems as well?

Rally Clio N3 Mk2
is the light thats coming on the dash a orange light with a zig zag going through it?
has the car been a bit difficult (maybe not even starting on the first turn of the key when you first use it) starting?

mine had the same symtoms. plugged in a hand held code reader and no codes.
plugged in a snap on one which bought up other codes but once these were looked at and sorted again nothing. car still not starting. turns over fine though.

i now can't be arsed looking into it and just throwing money at it so its now in with the garage and should be getting looked at tomorrow.
if you want i'll post up the answer they get (providing they come up with one) and hopefully you can see if thats the course to your problems as well?

yes its the zig-zag line, i switched all the fuses and also the accelerator sensor and it didnt fix it.

Rally Clio N3 Mk2
however it sometimes happens and sometimes it doesnt, on the non-racing stage it happened 3 times, i told my co-driver to get off the car and press all the fuses and stuff and it didnt happen in all the rally again.

Still i want to get rid of this for good and not just hope it wont happen in the middle of a rally.

Si

RS Clio 172
i have this problem. diagnostic said it was the throttle potetionmeter.... replaced the pedal unit... no good.... replaced the throttle body.... no good. Guessing mine's now an ECU issue.

I have a thread on it somewhere...

Si

RS Clio 172
not yet bud, no. search for the thread... just search throttle potentiometer. should show it.