ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car tax gone up £15 for 6 months!!

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
taxed my 172 this morning for 6 months - had my reminder and done it online and they quoted 'we appologise but due to a recent budget the price has increased' what a joke was 90.75 now £104.50 for 6 bloody months!

This country is a joke what with optimax currently a cool 100.9p a litre :(

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
To be fair mate, £15 is hardly alot of money. You have to ask yourself if it means that much to you, perhaps you'd be better off on the bus.

Clio 182
PJVTS said:
taxed my 172 this morning for 6 months - had my reminder and done it online and they quoted 'we appologise but due to a recent budget the price has increased' what a joke was 90.75 now £104.50 for 6 bloody months!

This country is a joke what with optimax currently a cool 100.9p a litre :(

Try paying £190 for 182 car tax in one go - ridiculous!!!

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
Mate dont get me started on TAX in general in this country! i paid it of course i am merelye releasing some frustration!

Yer i was going to go for 12 months but i am selling the car so its not worth it!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ahhh ok fella ;) Just you see these kids on here whining about how much tyres are and stuff... I think they should be all back on BMX's frankly! haha.

I've got to 12mths on the Civic next month.. roll on 200 notes!

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
lol too true bud! i am getting a Scooby sti soon - filling that up is going to hurt never mind the tax lol!

Ah well its all part of life i supose!

Arctic Blue 182
how comes you can ride a push bike on the road and not pay road tax? is it because you can use the pavement too? :S

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
girl182 said:
how comes you can ride a push bike on the road and not pay road tax? is it because you can use the pavement too? :S
No emissions perhaps? lol.

H22A7 Accord Type R
im off to tax the clio this morning, gonna cost me £100 sheets for the year :( 1.2 power! ;)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
DarthCake said:
To be fair mate, £15 is hardly alot of money. You have to ask yourself if it means that much to you, perhaps you'd be better off on the bus.

lol!

172 Cup
Car tax went up over a month ago... There was this thing called the budget.. No-one notice???

TT 225
girl182 said:

I agree with this, specially since all these cycle lanes keep popping up, they aren't built for free!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
.Griff. said:
Car tax went up over a month ago... There was this thing called the budget.. No-one notice???

i believe it has gone up again ... as i got my thing through aswell which says £90 + £165 but apparently its now £100 and £190 ?

this correct ?

Civic Type-R
yeah just taxed mine aswell lol i wouldnt mind as much but i cant see what they are actually doing with the money

Ph2 172
Yeah same here, taxed my car yesterday.

However, i'd like to know how the hell some bright spark came up with the increased figures. I work with a guy who has a Golf VR6 - '98 i think. He got his renewal and it was something like £170 - £5 dearer than my clio. He's taxed his this week to find like the rest of us that it's gone up, but his has gone up £5, so now £175.

So, how the hell does his 2.8V6 now attract less tax than a 2L clio.......Answers on a post card please.

106 GTi
The above was my arguement after the budget! New cars get shafted due the wider range of emmisions brackets. But yeah on old 5 litre Rangey will cost less to tax!

I seen a Lambo with 6 months tax on it recently (incidently it costs the same as a 172/182), its clearly affecting all of us when a Gallardo owner only pays up for 6 months at a time :)

I agree though, bit of a crapper that older - heavier polluting cars get away with cheaper prices than new cars.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i dont think someone with a gallardo is worried about a £15 tax rise, let alone those millions of housewives with £45k 4x4s, do you think its going to make a difference to the average person or to the envirnment, is it f**k! its just more money in gordon f**king browns pockets, labour can f**k off! i want to know what t***s keep voting for them!

Had to stump up £190 myself, robbing tw@ts, went in with £170 to pay £165 like it said on the bill only to be told that it had increased. I naively said it wasn't my problem that if the government can't communicate between departments its their fault, I'm only here to pay the bill I have recieved, ended up skulking of to the bank to get another £20.

They should put it on petrol, then if you use the car more you cause more pollution so pay more, this would save PC Plod from using his ANPR or you're local Community Support Officer walking round with his barcode reader, and get the clowns who don't buy car tax. Must be a reason why they don't do it but I can't see why, and how is this extra money going to help the ozone layer it obviously hasn't helped the fooking road condition, I'm not going to buy a cleaner car, thinking off buying a less freindly car up to 224g/km CO2 :D, </b*tch-whine>

Benners said:
They should put it on petrol

They do :rasp:

I see what you mean tho. I'm all for taxing the person to drive any car.. when I'm not driving my car, it's off the road!

Daz said:
They do :rasp:

I see what you mean tho. I'm all for taxing the person to drive any car.. when I'm not driving my car, it's off the road!
lmao, and too much of it.