ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car up in flames

Get down to the auctions at the weekend to buy yourself a sh!tter!

Glad its looking like it will all get sorted out for you.

So what colour will your 182 be? ;)

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Sorry to hear about this Hippy - Keep on Renaults case and you will win. 172s are excellent value for money but seem to have a lot of very dangerous problems so I probably wont go back to Renault it isnt worth the worry, mine almost killed me, and so to did yours, too many close calls for one little car.

I hope it all turns out OK,

Gareth

Its just "one of those things" and I bet it has happened to every car manufacturer at some point , even VW.

Hope everything gets fixed out and your in a new car ASAP.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Cheers G.

What happened with yours ???

Yup the insurance are taking on Renault.....

Im looking at other cars seriously now, again the Honda type R, then the Cupra and maybe a few others....I might even try the Celica

TBH there isnt anything in the same price range with as much, power, toys etc. the Hondas good but docile at low revs and a horrid interior, the pug lovely interior but is flat throughout all the gears, the Cupra screams out SUBURBIA The Celica, brings back old memories and TOO many of them........

Choices Choices !!!

Revels Mum & Sister

New Celica is now here Near as fast as the 172.

Seats in the Type R Kick ass! Love them. Dash aint too bad either.

Cupra R. Dont see how it screams Suburbia! Excellent car. Other than that there isnt a lot about!

I would say the Cupra or Type R. Go for a new Shape Integra Type R!

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

I almost chose a Celica T-Sport as my company car but didnt like how difficult it was to get it to go fast.

Cupra R would be my first choice as it is screwed together well, looks excellent and moves faster than a 172.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Going over to Bedford to try one on friday Cupra R that is :D

The seats in the new Honda type R are comfy but have a REALLY nasty/cheap fabric on them, not looked at the Integra, but heard nice things about it.

The cupra didnt get wonderful ratings by what car magazine, didnt come out any higher than the 172 :confused:

A well built VW

Good news the insurers are going to take on Renault might make them see sense GOOD LUCK

What about one of those pug 206gti things not heard much about them but they look nice not be as good as the clio about same price though

Megane rs225 tempting perhaps

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by pooch92 on 26 November 2003

Good news the insurers are going to take on Renault might make them see sense GOOD LUCK

What about one of those pug 206gti things not heard much about them but they look nice not be as good as the clio about same price though

Megane rs225 tempting perhaps
Tryed the pug Gti and it was flat right across all the gears, just not what i expected

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

supra twin turbo,

or if u can aford it, nissan 350z OMG such nice cars, or a mazda rx8 (got a place to put the sprogs then :D )

A well built VW

Try a Mini cooper S (Hartge conversion 210 bhp) all with BMW reliability and build quality about same size/price as clio as well

Quote: Originally posted by pooch92 on 29 November 2003

Try a Mini cooper S (Hartge conversion 210 bhp) all with BMW reliability and build quality about same size/price as clio as well
Not sure about this?!?!

Size: maybe overall, but the boot and rear leg room in the new mini is non-excistant!

Price: Cooper S with a Hartge conversion, eeeeerrrr, alot more than £14800?

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 30 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by pooch92 on 29 November 2003

Not sure about this?!?!

Size: maybe overall, but the boot and rear leg room in the new mini is non-excistant!

Price: Cooper S with a Hartge conversion, eeeeerrrr, alot more than £14800?
Mini Coopers = fires :cry:

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

GOD what bad memories...Just re-read all through this thread...

The case has be re-opened by the insurance company, who are now looking back into the case since moose was so fairly and squarely paid out...

I will keep you all informed...

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 24 June 2004

Dont see how they can payout for one and not the other considering how similar they were!
Its Renault Pete.;)

Good luck HC.

Da

Less
Did this ever get sorted? Is Hippy still around?
Never really found out the conclusion to this tale!