ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car using alot of oil?

Audi A3
hey all

ive a 2002 1.2 16v which as of rescently seems to be using alot more oil then before during summer last year (from june right through to december time) the oil level was fine and then rescently it seems to be going down very quickly i did find a small leak but that has stopped and theres no extra white smoke or anything comming from the exhaust etc

any idea's?

Audi A3
aye well the leaks stopped atleast but the oil still seems to be going down faster then usual and doing that atm but its still going down

whats scary is last time it was basicly at the min level the oil light didnt come on at all so keeping close eye on it atm but im stumped atm

Clio 182FF
Greets!

My first Clio II was a 1.2 petrol 16v (2002 model) and that used to absolutely drink oil - yet there was nothing wrong with it. I had to fill it up every 6 months or so. My current car is a 2005 Clio II 1.2 16v and I havn't had to fill the oil up since I've owned it, which is now 4 years. Also if you read the Haynes service manual and research it a bit on these forums it appears that some model clios do drink a fair bit of oil. If in doubt I would take it to your local pirate Renault garage and ask to have it checked out.

How quickly is it eating oil? Few weeks per fill or several months?

Audi A3
month-ish it was worsre for awhile but ive had camblets done and it seems ok it sorta stays at same level for awhile then il check it in a week/2 weeks time and it will drop abit n then gets to a piont where it just drops like mad...i filled it to the max last month at the start and its getting close to needing it again