ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Veers To Left

Titanium Clio 182
Veers to the left, thought it was my rear tyres as they have 2 mm tread difference, but obviously not. Anyway i've now got 4 new Eagle F1's and it still veers to the left, the steering wheel turns slightly to the left also. You keep the steering wheel straight but moves to the left once you leave go of it.

Any Ideas what this may be, its not tracking as that's just been done.

Thanks

Renault Clio Sport 172
Check that there is no play in the front bearings ( jack car up and hold wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock and try to rock ) if there is play then the alignment will not be true , any garage worth their salt should check this before doing an alignment check , also you forgot to mention where you had the alignment done , most tyre places tuck the motorist up on this and just plop a bit of copperslip over the adjuster nuts , its worth taking to another garage and asking for a free alignment check and if its out ask them to explain exactly what the readings are and what they should be , then go back to where done it and demand its done properly . I worked in the motor trade for years and its common practice for this to happen , tracking is 100% profit for the garage but its a pain to do sometimes . I may be wrong but I bet the tracking was done when the new tyres were fitted yes ?

Last edited:
  Titanium Clio 182
Thanks, well I took the car in to get the tracking done before the tyre was fitted as I had a flat tyre a few hours after the tracking was done!! The place I got it done was F1 Auto Center In Portsmouth.

I had it done at North Eastern Tyres and Exhausts and they give me the sheet with the readings of what they should be and what they were and they were good. It was still veering to the left that time.

You hold the steering wheel at 12 o'clock then as soon as you relese it from your hands it turns about 5 to 10 degreese to the left and then the car obviously moves to the left.

Golf R
mine was like that an both ball joints needed replacing

could also be bushes as my Golf was doing very similar... i would hazard a guess that it is suspension related and you need to find someone who knows what they're doing to do a proper 4 wheel alignment looking at the camber etc