ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start after battery went flat!!!!!

Yozza Track 172 /106 gti
Right to cut a long story short, left my lights on at work all day from driving there in the morning, didnt do it purposely obviously i found out when i got in the car to go home at 4pm im still at work now and its..
6.15 :mad:.

I got the keys from reception for the car next to mine in the car park and got some jump leads and tryed to jump it off.
This didnt work probly due to the fact its only a little racing battery and needed a full charge soo..
Pushed my car into workshop and put the car on charge with the battery charger. Left it for a while. Checked the battery voltage with a multimetre. 12.3 volts when switched off. So spot on yeah?

well went to start it and it cranks over for about 2 seconds then stops it self. Ive noticed on the dash that the red imobiliser light wont go out when the ignition is left on. So poss immobiliser fault?

But the lad who helped me jump the car off outside recons he might of touched the jump lead on the wrong terminal. Therefor maybe i recon he could of spiked my ECU!? This is the only thing i can think of. After all all that was wrong was the battery was flat. Im off work tomorro and im getting a lift home tonight luckily. So going to come in tomro and try my other spare key to see if it starts with the other key.

Might have a friend that has snap on diag computer. But looked all over for my diagnostic plug and carnt find it? Where is it please?

Any other ideas off anyone and any one local that is good with renaults and possibly has some diagnostic equipment.

Cheers Dale. 07595877154
Just ring or text im not usually on here.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Try and Earth the battery by connecting it earth (battery) to the starter motor, sounds exactly like my sisters problem.

Clio Sport 172
I had exactly that problem a couple of weeks ago. Fully charged the battery, but the engine would only turn for a second or so then the starter would drop out. I am sure it was just coincidence, but when I shut the drivers door it started immediately. I tried again with the door open and it started OK. All this was after about 50 attempts to start.

Clio Sport 172
Forgot to mention, I connected my scanner when it wouldn't start and it showed no codes or any problems.