ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start

clio 1.2 dynamique
When i turn the key nothing happens theres just a clicking noise and the "stop" and "battery" lights flicker ???? Any help pleasee

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 172 53 plate
I had this randomly yesterday. My car was fine in the morning until i stopped to go in a shop, then on return my car would not start. I called a mate out to who came out and jumped the car, the car started fine apart from all the warning lights were on the dash, so i carried on regardless and drove it home. Just as i turned in to my drive way all the light went out, and the car has been spot on ever since.

It had been raining hard before i stopped, so i put it down to water getting somewhere is shouldnt, but we will see the day is still young. Just aonther note i checked all the plugs on the engine and contacts on battery etc, and gave them a clean up just for good measure today.

phill

clio 1.2 dynamique
tried jump starting the car - not worked:/
tried fitting a new starter- still nothinggg
suggestions?

1.5 dci clio
mine was doing this and it ended up being the earth thats buy the top of the engine on the left side as you open the bonnet and fixes to the body near were the shock bolts, i cleaned it re-fitted it and slapped some grease on it.

mike