ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't start

RB 182
Came to start the car this evening and the car wouldn't start.
I had last used it last night, with no problems. Managed to get it started by towing it with another car, just got home and it's not starting again. I drove 60ish miles home, so I was hoping the car would start straight back up, but to no avail. All the lights are coming on in the car, but it won't turn over, there's just this clicking noise.

Its still the original battery on the car, and it will be 8 in January. Should I try this first?

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Came to start the car this evening and the car wouldn't start.
I had last used it last night, with no problems. Managed to get it started by towing it with another car, just got home and it's not starting again. I drove 60ish miles home, so I was hoping the car would start straight back up, but to no avail. All the lights are coming on in the car, but it won't turn over, there's just this clicking noise.

Its still the original battery on the car, and it will be 8 in January. Should I try this first?

Hi, when you were driving the car, did u notice the battery light on? If you have been driving the car not so long ago, & cant restart it, possible you have a completley faulty battery where its not accepting a charge, or its not getting a charge when driving, (faulty alternator), & the last thing could be a faulty starter motor.
If your battery's flat, you will hear the starter clicking where there's not enough power to turn it over.

Try doing a jump start from another vehicle.... if its starts, least you will prove you have flat battery, then just see if its charging.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
one of 2 things, battery or starter motor. At 8 years old the battery is a very strong candidate, especially during a cold snap