ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car wouldnt start and random lead in engine

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
i fitted some LED sidelights less than a week ago from ultraleds.co.uk and bascally i noticed that when i turned them on the radio display and dash became alot dimmer....it wasnt that bad and wouldnt really stop me from being able to see it and as no one else has mentioned this i thought nothing of it. I am guessing they used more power but i though this wouldnt have any major affect as the battery would just keep being charged. Anyway got in my car this morning and it wouldnt start...i thought it might be the immobiliser but it wasnt....the starter motor wasnt turnin.... just click when i turned the key coming from the glove box (which always clicks wen windows, wipers, starter used etc...) i kept trying and then eventually it worked. What could the problem be?? is it the battery being too discharged or did the starter seize. I drive the car daily.

My other concern and im quite sure they arent related is that when i compared my mk2 ph2 dynamique with my friends i found a random disconnected lead at the back of the engine near the bottom. It simply wasnt there on my m8s same car. What could this be?? It seems to be hanging down loose, i will try get a photo.

2003 Clio 172 cup
try and get a photo of the lead mate, sure someone on here will have an idea. sounds like ur starter stuck to me but not positive about that, just something similar happened to me once

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
ye i have had no problems since then.....does any1 else notice theyre interior display led's become dimmer when they use LED sidelights?? I will get pic of the lead tomo if i got time.