ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon canister and engine bay explanation

Clio 182
Hi all, finally found myself a 182 track car, after lurking around on here for a bit. The handling put a smile on my face on the way home from picking it up!

Here comes the but...

It's got the EML on, I assumed because of the decat, but when I checked the codes I had P0443, which from a bit of searching around on here seems to be to do with the carbon canister. As far as I can tell the car doesn't have one, although I can't find a picture of where it should be.

Would someone mind pointing out where it should be, and where I might be able to find the wiring for it if the previous owner has taken it out. It sounds like I need to check/add a resistor but I can't work out where.

There are these two pipes that have been blocked up, I don't think they're related, but an explanation of what they are would be really appreciated too.
Screenshot_20220613-091152.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Under the drivers headlight there should be a plug dangling. You'll need to either jam a resistor in there or grab the plug and bung from a carbon canister to plug it in

I left the bung on mine to keep the EML off

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi, the carbon canister sits behind the driver's side headlight, there are a few threads already covering how to remove one.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Carbon cannister at the bottom and the plug on the top of it circled. So yeah headlamp out job. When I removed mine the car was quite rusty so get some rust treatment to hand if your going to remove it. 👍
IMG_20220613_104026.jpg

Clio 182
I checked under the headlight ( just with my phone, I didn't remove the cluster, and from underneath), and as I suspected there's no canister there. Looks like the previous owner has covered the hole with a bit of plastic. This is the view looking towards the back of the headlight cluster.
PXL_20220613_111008395.jpg

There also wasn't any wiring that I could find for the sensor though. I was expecting to find a wire with a missing resistor or something I guess. I don't suppose anyone knows where the wiring for that sensor comes from? In Clio_fool's photo it looks like it goes back behind the engine?