ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Fibre wrap dash parts

Silver 172
Ordered some 3M carbon wrap from ebay to have a go at covering some dash parts and it turned out much better than i thought

carbon.jpg

Also done the other small dash strip and the steering wheel insert

Not bad for a tenner i think :p

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Ive got some on mine and ive done

Bullets
Front and rear dimond
Exhaust surrounds
Dash strips
Hazzard panel
Gear knob insert
Steering wheel insert

Looking at doing bumper insert and interior light soon

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
IMG_0029.jpgIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0055.jpgIMG_0065.jpgIMG_0067.jpgIMG_0054.jpgIMG_0039.jpgIMG_0035.jpgIMG_0053.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0040.jpgIMG_0064.jpgIMG_0034.jpgIMG_0056.jpg

in no order the only thing is the gear knob has a slight bubble and so does the hazzard panel

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
I used a hair dryer to stretch over edges a old top up card to push it in around the "2.0 16v" and lots and lots of Patience

Clio 172 RS2
I used a hair dryer to stretch over edges a old top up card to push it in around the "2.0 16v" and lots and lots of Patience

Don't stretch it! It pulls back a bit after cooling down... 2.0 16v lettering should be applied tighter
Use more 'patience'.;)

IMG_0860.jpg

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
a bit of patience is all thats needed realy the longer you take the better it will come out ive done all my bits made loads of mistakes and binned bits and still got plenty left form the size of sheet i used

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i like the carbon wrap as its a cheap mod that looks good. just ordered me some of ebay. gonna start with dash inserts first see how bad/good they turn out!

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
The dash inserts start from middle outwards and you only need the heat mainly for the edges pretty straight forward once you have do a few bits

If you get a bigget than needed bit try more complicated bits after dash strips once you got the hang

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
How did you guys do the dash strips ? I keep getting overlaps on the edges like the vinyl going over itself ?

Clio 182
I've done a few bits in my interior but couldn't get the bloody gear insert out. I tried pulling it out and down from the bottom but it wouldn't budge and I don't wanna snap it. How the hell is it done?

M135i
Which lacquer did u lot use ? Just used some halfrauds clear lacquer and it's taken away the carbon fibre finish so looks more like it's just black now.

ph2 172
I went to pull out the passenger side dash trim and got scared. What hay should I pull it? From the underside upwards?

clio, 1.4 dynamique
will it be ok on the diamonds without anything being done to the wrap to protect it from the weather etc? really like the look of all the parts people have wrapped!!