ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Wrapped Bonnet??

M

Mattb.SHED

Hi guys,

As some of you may know I had a bump last week and I'm in need of a new bonnet. I can get one dirt cheap thats brand new, but reprays are alot. So I was considering just getting it wrapped in carbon? What are peoples opinions on this? My car is black btw :)

Danke.

Clio 197
Out of interest what sort of cost is it for carbon wrapping? Is it cheaper than buying + spraying a second hand bonnet?

M

Mattb.SHED

I can get the bonnet for £30 and the wrapping is £130, a second hand bonnet is about £40-£60 I think? Then about £200 for respraying

M

Mattb.SHED

i saw a Matt black BMW yesterday with the bonnet wrapped and it looked boss!

it was sunny and when the light caught it it looked really cool.

I'm partial to a bit of 3m Ni doc myself! ha ha

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x388/chrispowell2/

:D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D

Haha epic! Is it easy to do yourself? And yeah looks top doesnt it, and because its on a black car you cant really tell, untill you get up close and when the light ctaches it I reckon it loocks smart, might go for it :D

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
its pretty easy tbh. ive done loads on my megane.

should be done properly tho otherwise it peels

corsa D / 172 clio
it would take 2 of you to do a bonnet mate 1 to hold the vinyl up while the other smooths it down with a flat edge

start from the middle and work your way out to the edges

without heat on it the vinyl is very forgiveing and you can relift it loads of times and press it back on it stays sticky forever!! ha ha

where i get mine from will do a 120cm x 120cm sheet for £50 delivered how long is your bonnet? im sure it wont be bigger than that!

M

Mattb.SHED

it would take 2 of you to do a bonnet mate 1 to hold the vinyl up while the other smooths it down with a flat edge

start from the middle and work your way out to the edges

without heat on it the vinyl is very forgiveing and you can relift it loads of times and press it back on it stays sticky forever!! ha ha

where i get mine from will do a 120cm x 120cm sheet for £50 delivered how long is your bonnet? im sure it wont be bigger than that!

Lol yeah shouldnt be bigger than that. Well I would try the smaller stuff my self like the diamonds my self. But would rather get the bonnet done professionally as I wouldnt trust my self and I would probably F it up lol also I'm a lazy t*** :rasp:

M

Mattb.SHED

Haha :) Will get some pics up when I have it done, Hopefully will be soon!

astra gsi/cliosport 172
i saw a Matt black BMW yesterday with the bonnet wrapped and it looked boss!

it was sunny and when the light caught it it looked really cool.

I'm partial to a bit of 3m Ni doc myself! ha ha

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x388/chrispowell2/

:D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D:rasp::D

chris is the carbon king btw was just waiting for him to come along lol;)