ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbone Lorraine rc6

Clio Sport 182
Just recieved my rc6 front pads from kev at kam racing, top guy and great service! Now I'm not sure if I'll keep them after the reports about them squealing. Are they really that bad? Thinking about sending them back for the rc5 pads. Does anyone have experience with them? Thanks.

Last edited:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
dnt be soft, they squeel due to there compound, the squeel for me is defo offset buy the fact the car trys to break my face on the steering wheel

Clio Sport 182
even for road use and the odd track day? What about the reports of the brake dust damaging paintwork. I like my car looking mint.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
A good wheel sealent and regular wash will stop the brake dust from eating away at the wheels.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
But it'll still f**k the rest of the paintwork up! An occasional full clay/detail will probably sort it. Great pads though!

Clio Sport 182
I'm not that bothered about the paint on the wheels, they could always be re furbed. I would be worried about the paintwork although I always wash the car at least once a week with good stuff and wax every few washes. Does anyone have any experience with the rc5 pads? At the moment I'm just using the standard Renault ones with standard discs.

182 ff with cup pack's
i used them did about 3k miles on them and dint wash my rims. they now need a refurb because of that, the dust has eaten in to the paint. car body was fine after a clay but it took alot of effort to clean up. on the good side they are a awesome pad will rip your face off from cold lol

Weeman sucks ****
And none of the above stops the squealing. Lovely.

squeeling is FTW.

these pads will end up eating your wheels unless you clean them everyday. i was foolish and left them for about 3 weeks and they were like this...

IMGP0670.gif

as soon as water touches the dust it's when it's starts going wrong i found.

as above though, great great pad