ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carphone Warehouse Destroyed my life..

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
**LONG STORY ** If you have a short attention span sum up is CPW marked me as dead twice on my credit file!

I seen someone else's post regarding people working @ 02.

If anyone work's at the conphone wh*rehouse I really need your help.
Last year I purchased a contract phone from cpw on 02. Obviously CPW do the billing for 02. Everything was ok ish for 6months and I decided to get another phone on my account, just 1month into it this new contract CPW decided I was deceased YES THAT's RIGHT DEAD!!.

So approx 78 calls later I finally got someone helpful who removed this from my credit file & assured me this would never happen again, for this I got 6months line rental as a credit on one of the phones, Fortunately I caught this before I applied for any credit. 5months passed with literally 100's of issues. I was being billed 4-5x over with nobody willing to help me, I was being billed for calls made in march in june/july etc over and over and I was not recieving bills at all. The online billing system NEVER worked I was lucky if 1/1000 attempts let me see my bills. I was getting DD'd for £100+ per month per phone with no explination why and nobody would help.

A few months passed with approx 30+ visits and £500+ in calls to CPW My Web-hosting business was just taking off and I had just got a massive media company on board, they required approx 3 full 47u racks full of server's they wanted to get all servers supplied and all equipment and were quite willing to pay 6months in advance if I was to bill them on 30day credit. Finalising the steps to this I approached my business manager for a £150,000 temporary 30day loan. My business account had seen close to that run through it in the last 6months and my business manager was happy to put it Through and this was due to rocket my business.

The next day I had a call from Liz my business manager informing me I was declined, I could understand not being approved for this loan but my credit rating was absolutely PERFECT with no late payments and have had lots of settled account's. After a lengthy call we established that something defamatory was on my credit file. Equifax time it was. I checked Equifax and could not believe my eye's. Those stupid F*****G idiot's at the CPW had marked me deceased again. Now not only am I a walking zombie I have fraud on my credit file.

So to sum up, up to now, CPW marked me as dead twice on my credit file, my business lost the contract with the media company for approx £10,000pm and I lost massive revenue. And I now have fraud on my personal credit file.

So I was not happy after approx another 100+ calls and near £500 in bills I finally got "The Head of 02 Customer Services @ CPW" which is bs as i spoke to 5 diffrent people claiming to be the head person @ CS department, She was called Kelly Johnson and seemed to understand what had happened. Her solution was that she give me the PAC codes and let me port out of 1 of the contracts earlier and terminate the existing contract (in 13th month) immediatly issuing a PAC code. I ported over to Vodafone and thought that was the last of the stupid bills which consited 100% of calls to CPW. I then pursued to contact the legal department @ CPW and got no response.

I waited 2months for call's back after making another approx 400+ calls. Nothing. I decided enough is enough and contacted newspapers including sunday sun, the times, the local papers etc. Nobody was intrested as they did not believe me. I thought this is ridicolous now spiraling massively in debt as my company had to cease trading (hense why I'm advertising servers) So I'm now in approx £5,000 debt whilst I paid my rent finding a job.

Enough is enough I said so I took my car keys and drove down to North Acton (CPW headquaters) I then stayed the night in a hotel £100 at my cost and £80 in fuel there and back and seen 4 diffrent managers at CPW headquater's. They all promised to call me but I never got a call. I did however get Brian H******'s number who is the security director for CPW and organises security for Big brother etc. I phoned him up 3weeks later and explained nobody called me and he was absolutely disgusted.

cutting it short I then visited a further 4times to no avail to date I have had nothing but a snotty letter from the CPW and no appology an investigation was supposed to be raised as to how the f**K this happened but I have recieved NOTHING and nobody knows how.

I thought this was the end of it and got my job @ Orange down the road from me, I started to earn a wage having to work full time and having lost my business due to CPW's incompetence.

So a few months later I recieve 2 important looking letter's guess what. I thought there f**king incompetence and cheek would stop there oh no, December 21st I recieve 2 letters from Debt collection agencys for £12 and £250ish for debts to the carphone warehouse. I have subsquently had to waste more of my time writing letters to these arseholes and they sent it back to CPW. Again I thought CPW would get the hint. Oh no apparently not, since then it's been sent to another debt collection agency to recover it. Not happy with marking me dead twice, making me spend nearly £900 in fuel/hotel bills/time/ and sending me 2 debt collection agency's they want to do it AGAIN.

I have seeked free legal advice and have been advised that there is NO WAY that the carphone warehouse could get out of so many infringment of data protection etc.

The best part is because it was a personal account the CPW would not accept liability for the loss of business incurred because of them.

I'm not still suffering with s**tty letter's/ballifs at my door/loss of my business/and a terrible credit rating.

I'm now apparently defaulted on my credit file.

Sorry for the long read up to now but thought I would provide the good guys at Clio sport an absolutely amazing and gobsmacking story of the s**t company the CPW is.

P.S. If ANYONE doesn't believe me I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to provide proofs of everything including fuel bills from newcastle/copys of credit file/hotel bills etc. There is no part of this story made up or stretched from the truth and even I myself still cant believe how attrocious they have treated me. Still to date I've had no apology and have even met Charles Dunstone in person who did not give a flying s**t about it.

My biggest dream and aspiration in life is to see the carphone warehouse cease trading and become bankrupt I will stop at nothing to see this happen.

I hate the fact most I have to bust my ass off in a s**t job tret like a moron when I'm a CCNA qualified network engineer and it's CPW's fault.

Pics:

090606.PNG

010806.PNG

080806.PNG

140806.PNG

0409062ndaccount.PNG

1901072ndaccount.PNG

Please note the account balances being in credit etc yet still getting late payment's these guys really are tossers and need to taken out of business.

Edit: what's even more of a joke is the fact the second account non dead one was in £35 credit then all of a sudden nothing changed no update's to my credit file for 2months and i get late payments saying i now owe £254

[RANT OVER]

If you guys can help at all with advice to the best route to take then please do.

Regards Dean

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Re: CONphone *****house

fook i cant beleive ive just read all that. what a bunch of pricks sound like yuove had a s**t time mate

White Clio 1.2 @ 172

fook i cant beleive ive just read all that. what a bunch of pricks sound like yuove had a s**t time mate

Tell me about it those b******s are going up in court over this soon! They don't stand a chance, best part is I have 100's of emails and phone calls recorded from CSR's detailing how I will definetly get calls etc and how I will definetly be getting £25,000 in compensation but never did.

This company is going to be eating s**t sandwitch's for a long time when I'm finished with them!

MINI Cooper S

t***s... u really have been unlucky with those b******s! hope u get it sorted soon!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172

tw*ts... u really have been unlucky with those b******s! hope u get it sorted soon!

Thanks for your comment's :)
Need to keep this thread alive as I would like everbody on here to know how this company treats there customer's. I spent over £3000 in phone bills to this company and they have treat me like im..... well like im not human (dead).

Better than yours. C*nt.

It doesn't help, but I got out of dealing with them 7 years ago when they treated my old man like shite. I personally hope that they rot in hell as well.

O2 are a bunch of shitbags as well - they took £400 out of my account after an 'incorrect cancellation' and promised 4 seperate times to give it back before I recalled the money, cancelled the direct debit, called them up and asked for the manager I was dealing with and my precise words were "What are you going to do now, big boy? And the only answer I want is that you'll offer a few months FOC for keeping MY money for any length of time, and from now you'll call me when you want money"

Now they call me every month on the 20th to tell me every single charge on my phone before they get any money at all.

Personally I'd stop sorting it out yourself and get yourself a solicitor mate. Take them to the cleaners! For loss of earnings and emotional stress... anything!

Oh and they can get into a load of s**t for their databases being incorrect IIRC. As a company that can issue credit it will be covered by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).

White Clio 1.2 @ 172

Providing false information to the Credit Refrence Agencies carries a VERY LARGE fine.

Megane Mk4

^^ Edited your first post Dean :approve:

CPW always seem to get things wrong. I had problems with them over my telephone package I had last year, being charged for calls I wasn't even making and charging me loads for it, but that seems like small news compared to how they've treated you..

Hope they get what the deserve tbh. Big companies think they're scary and do what they want.. Make sure you make them pay ;)

Golf GTI 1.8T
good read that, sorry to hear of your problem.

I guess the papers didnt want to take on your story as they run CPW adverts in the back of their papers and can't see them wanting to run a story which could lose them money. I'd try some other papers though.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Thanks for all the lovely comments and thanks very much Andi.

I Just recently made a friend who is quite influential in the BBC and may possibly have a lead on running my story on national news.

It would be great news if this is the case. I also will be seeking legal advice from a solicitor regarding this.

Thanks so far people, Keep those comments coming.

tiTTy & SV650
sounds truely appalling / disgusting how they've treated you. Watchdog?! Nicky Campbell will get up their nose for you and make it a much more known case. They love this kinda stuff.

I never use the carphonewarehouse / phones 4 u etc as I dont believe in employing a middleman, if I want an o2 phone I goto o2.

Keep us posted hope this gets resolved ASAFP and ur credit rating is cleared and you have success in the future using the compensation!

A decent solicitor would sort that out for you, no doubt. You say you've received "free legal advice", but I cannot believe that liability cannot be laid at their door for your financial loss.

Suggest you get "good legal advice" instead of just "free".

*edited to say* I don't suppose you live anywhere near Milton Keynes do you? I might know someone who can help.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Nah all the way up in Sunny (joke) Newcastle.

I will be funding a very good solicitor with the money I've been saving away to do this.

Thanks for the comments and keep them coming :)

FAO: Rory182 Watchdog were not intrested in this story, they had to have more than one of a similar nature which is not going to happen.

http://hackerslament.blogspot.com/

http://hackerslament.blogspot.com/2005/10/fresh-carphone-warehouse.html

That makes good reading and shows the potrayal of Samantha Greaves the incompetent "Head of 02 Cust Serv" that I spoke to. Turns out she is actually just a CSR taking Charles.Dunstone's email's when FAO'd for her.

When I met her in person she was a snobby 18 year old spotty moron.

Regards Dean

R35 GTR
Pisses me off!:mad:

Who do they think they are? Coroner Phone Warehouse.

Hope you sue the b****cks off them, these big companies need to be taught a lesson. I am having problems with o2, not on this scale, but like everyone else, can understand the way these companies treat their customers.

Good luck.

182 Cup Inferno
they messed my mum around once, putting over £100 quid on her bill when she she had only used her phone to ring me or my bro on the mobile.

she was raving, then when her phone broke down after two months she went to get it changed and they said she would have to pay for a new one even though it had warranty and insurance and was not her fault.

I dont trust them because they talk to people like they are retards and have no respect for anything or anyone

M

mini-valver

Complete lack of care for anyone with big corporate companies, as long as they make money they really dont give a s**t!
Hope you pull through and get your business back on track, Chin up mate!!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have had my fair share of problems with them (nowhere near as bad as yours though!!!)
Thank god I no longer have a contract with them, currently with Vodafone although thinking of canceling and going back to PAYG.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As a former employee this comes as no surprise.

Personally i dont think you have done enough soon enough.

ITB BG 182
Dean J sounds like were having a problem with CPW aswell then, I have not lost as much as you but apperantly when i first signd up for a phone from them they said i recieved 3 phones when i only got one, i did no relaise that until i got my first bill saying part payement on 1st 2nd an 3rd phones which were £35 per time, so i contactd CPW at my local store and they said that ive used all 3 phones which i didnt, after spending upto 24 seperate hours in the local store an ebing told it was t-mobiles fault then being passd back then being told i need to phone CPW direct to solve the problem then being passd back to the store manager in nottingham to be told theres nothing they could do about it.
Well unfortantly i was debit'd with a bill for £233 from my account for rental an usage on the phones. SO heres me thinking that ok seeing as these are calld my phones i askd for a bill print out of each one an got told i could only have the print out of the phone that i had on me.
Basically to cut a long story short i am now in the process of taking them to court with the trading standards for taking money from my bank that was not approved or used by me, CPW deny all facts an inncidents that they did anything wrong, they owe me near to a grand.
My advise is bugger the legal advise gather all your evidence and go to court plus that charles dunstone git is a s**t an stuck so far up his own arse its silly.
Good luck to you as you should be able to claim all loss's and re-gain anything you lost with your own company from there stupidity. Keep us updated matey

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Dean J sounds like were having a problem with CPW aswell then, I have not lost as much as you but apperantly when i first signd up for a phone from them they said i recieved 3 phones when i only got one, i did no relaise that until i got my first bill saying part payement on 1st 2nd an 3rd phones which were £35 per time, so i contactd CPW at my local store and they said that ive used all 3 phones which i didnt, after spending upto 24 seperate hours in the local store an ebing told it was t-mobiles fault then being passd back then being told i need to phone CPW direct to solve the problem then being passd back to the store manager in nottingham to be told theres nothing they could do about it.
Well unfortantly i was debit'd with a bill for £233 from my account for rental an usage on the phones. SO heres me thinking that ok seeing as these are calld my phones i askd for a bill print out of each one an got told i could only have the print out of the phone that i had on me.
Basically to cut a long story short i am now in the process of taking them to court with the trading standards for taking money from my bank that was not approved or used by me, CPW deny all facts an inncidents that they did anything wrong, they owe me near to a grand.
My advise is bugger the legal advise gather all your evidence and go to court plus that charles dunstone git is a s**t an stuck so far up his own arse its silly.
Good luck to you as you should be able to claim all loss's and re-gain anything you lost with your own company from there stupidity. Keep us updated matey

I'm busy building a very large case against them including evidence given by other people. I've currently got a case profile against CPW detailing over 200 incidents where they have messed up very badly. I will be using this in court to give the court an idea of how the CPW Regularly deals with business.

Thanks for you story and keeps us updated regarding this :)

Thanks to everyone keep them storys and opinions coming.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm glad I no longer have any dealings with CPW. Hope you get a satisfactory conclusion to this.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Just wondering, what would people say was a reasonable compensation figure for this?

Back near the beggning on the second occasion they marked me as dead & on my 3rd visit to there headquaters I asked for £10,000 compensation and they said that was FAR too much to be asking for and they're offer was approx £150 I eventually got them to agree in writing £20,000 but that never ever arrived.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Reasonable would be any financial loss plus any compensation for emotional distress etc.

Fiesta ST
Sounds terrible, like rory182 said, I prefer to go direct to o2, orange, etc. Why don't you set up a little display outside an CPW store on a busy Saturday and tell anyone going in about your problems. I'm sure if one of their stores started loosing serious business they would take notice. Do a peaceful protest.

Hope it turns out ok in the end. Like every1 says, take 'em to the cleaners.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Sounds terrible, like rory182 said, I prefer to go direct to o2, orange, etc. Why don't you set up a little display outside an CPW store on a busy Saturday and tell anyone going in about your problems. I'm sure if one of their stores started loosing serious business they would take notice. Do a peaceful protest.

Hope it turns out ok in the end. Like every1 says, take 'em to the cleaners.

I work all day saturday :( But the legal route sounds good to me :boring:

I'm just afraid with a big company like that, they would be taking me to the cleaners for time etc court costs and could easily pay a full court off who arent intrested in justice and more intrested in a financial gain that is my biggest concern.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Carphone Warehouse are on BBC1 tonight on Watchdog @ 7pm (This is what ive been told), This is there IIRC 3rd-4th visit on the show. They must be so proud. (IM HOPING my story is getting featured tonight)

Do what a guy does in Tunbridge Wells. He bought an old herse and sits outside the local HSBC/Tesco etc because they helped ruin his business. Personally, I think he is loon with nothing better to do but I think he gets his point across. He is a bit of a local celeb albeit abit strange..

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Do what a guy does in Tunbridge Wells. He bought an old herse and sits outside the local HSBC/Tesco etc because they helped ruin his business. Personally, I think he is loon with nothing better to do but I think he gets his point across. He is a bit of a local celeb albeit abit strange..

Hehe No thanks, I have a job etc but I might dress up in a zombie costume and a billboard outside CPW on a day off saying "look @ me I'm Dead....don't believe me? Ask CPW they believed it so much they marked me dead on my credit file TWICE"

Yaris Hybrid
I hope you take them to the cleaners and get full compensation.

Thanks for the reminder though - I will be replacing my car soon and getting finance so I have just ordered another print out of my credit record.

I am always turned down even though my mates who are in debt get loads of credit. I requested a copy of my report a year ago and I have a perfect history with loads of settled accounts and no missed payments etc yet I still get turned down.

One thing I noticed was that Kays catalogue had given me a feckin £1500 credit account even though I hadn't requested it! About 4 years earlier I bought a sodding t-shirt from their online shop using a switch card in a bog standard online shopping transaction and they go and do that!!! I guess lenders were taking how much credit I already had available to me into account when determining how affordable a loan would be.

Still that seems insignificant compared to what happened to you. But who knows, I may find out I am dead when it turns up!

My heart goes out to you mate, thats enough to drive some ppl over the edge!
I took out a contract with them and they kept calling me to take out thier talk-talk plan, after politely declining several times I was told I was a nobhead and the bugger hung up on me!. I phoned back to complain and was told there was no way of finding out who it was, then the checky buggers were pestering me again the very next day. The exact same thing happend to my missus and they called her a cow, and she got double bills for 3 months before they sorted it.
Hopefully all cliosport members will boycot carphonewarehouse.