ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carphone Warehouse Destroyed my life..

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Do what a guy does in Tunbridge Wells. He bought an old herse and sits outside the local HSBC/Tesco etc because they helped ruin his business. Personally, I think he is loon with nothing better to do but I think he gets his point across. He is a bit of a local celeb albeit abit strange..

Seen him many a time!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
I hope you take them to the cleaners and get full compensation.

Thanks for the reminder though - I will be replacing my car soon and getting finance so I have just ordered another print out of my credit record.

I am always turned down even though my mates who are in debt get loads of credit. I requested a copy of my report a year ago and I have a perfect history with loads of settled accounts and no missed payments etc yet I still get turned down.

One thing I noticed was that Kays catalogue had given me a feckin £1500 credit account even though I hadn't requested it! About 4 years earlier I bought a sodding t-shirt from their online shop using a switch card in a bog standard online shopping transaction and they go and do that!!! I guess lenders were taking how much credit I already had available to me into account when determining how affordable a loan would be.

Still that seems insignificant compared to what happened to you. But who knows, I may find out I am dead when it turns up!

You may find that your Equifax credit report is fine but your Experian report shows bad things remeber there are 2 big players when it comes to credit refrencing Equifax/Experian

try the 2
www.equifax.co.uk & www.creditexpert.co.uk

If i had of been checking my experian report I would have never noticed because it only showed on my equifax report. IMO most corporate lenders/large companies tend to use Experian and the smaller players use equifax.

Stanced Honda S2000
this is where i become unpopular..

i work for cpw.. and do you know.,..

its actually 02 that sort all this out.. they do all the billing and things.. i can get you lots of numbers dude if it helps but the best person is to write to Charles Dunstone - head of carphone ...

see if he canm help you..

i work for cpw and am very proud of that.. we are independant.. advise customers impartially and cpw look after you as an individual..

Stanced Honda S2000
but i really feel for you dude... i speak to CPW02 all day long..and u get some right stupid people on the other end (nothing to do with cpw) i may add..

i hope you get it sorted dude.. and if CPW is the company i beleve it is.. they wont sweep it under the carpet... they'll sort it..

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
FAO: Rich_M

When I had these contracts CPW did the billing, it was CPW that did this and they have admited liability. I have spoken to Charles Dunstone in person I have met with the board of directors for CPW, I have met the investors, I know the Head of UK Security for CPW personally. I know nearly 200 People in the North Acton centre (very high up people) I have done everything I could.

As for the rest of the comments you made I can show you over 1000 logs of calls I've had in Orange where CPW have TOTALLY messed up and people are taking them to court I get on average 40 a day in a 6hour shift. Just today I had someone who was being billed for insurance from CPW for a phone he disconnected 2years ago, he's asked on over 20occasions for them to stop it and he's now taking them to court.

Not to worry come March, Orange & T-Mobile are no longer allowing CPW to resell for them!

Good luck to the company you so strongly believe in, If you can get me a number for someone who would be more helpful than the company director I would be intrested!

Just a small rundown:

Brian Hofman: UK Security Director of CPW (Personal friend of mine)
Samantha Greaves: Customer Liason Executive for CPW Executive Office
Leon T****: Samantha Greaves's HDM and Line manager of the exeuctive department and liason team for Charles Dunstone.
Sarah H******: Personal Secutary for Charles Dunstone
Kelly Johnson: Preston Call Centre Manager.
Ray K****: UK 02 Liason Department and head of customer financing.
Kevin Abbott: CPW HDM
Terry Unkown: CPW 02 Head of Customer Services.

It's not like I haven't tried with CPW. I've even contacted the head of credit control.
No offence to you rich but PLEASE read the full post all the way through before commenting you seem to have only picked up very very small points about what has happened and seem to eager to rush to defend the company.

I will post the E-mail correspondance Including headers of origin between me and Charles Dunstone/Kelly Johnson/Samantha Greaves which shows the total lack of care and total lack of respect for me as a customer and human being that they show for me. I'll be posting them sometime this weekend.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
These emails are entitled under my business partners name as at the time I was off sick with stress and emotional trauma due to loosing my business. The correspondance was entitled under his name but was regarding me.

P.S Can someone please notify me if I am putting myself in a bad legal position posting this information on the internet. I do not feel that I am as I am only showing people what a traumatic time I have had with CPW

Dear Mr Tomlingson

Thank you for your email received on the 12th September 2006. Charles Dunstone has passed this to me for my immediate attention.

I am very sorry that you are experiencing difficulties sending your attachments to me. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing.

Please send your attachment in word document or PDF format, our server will allow this to come through. Alternatively you can post your documents to me at the following address:

F.A.O Samantha Greaves
The Carphone Warehouse
The Office of Charles Dunstone
1 Portal Way
North Acton
London
W3 6RS

I apologise for the delay that this is causing and look forward to your response.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me at cdunstone@cpw.co.uk or call our Customer Service Team on 0870 087 0168.

Yours sincerely

Samantha Greaves
Customer Liaison Executive
The Office of Charles Dunstone

> ----------------------------
> From: darren@nutshell-hosting.co.uk
> Sent: 12 September 2006 17:45:32
> To: cdunstone@cpw.co.uk
> CC:
> Subject: Re: Customer Service
>
> Hi there,
>
> Can you confirm with your I.T department if you can receive eml format
> emails as your anti-virus software/email server seams to be blocking
> these
> attachments.
>
> Please advise
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Darren Tomlingson
> Nutshell-Hosting
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <cdunstone@cpw.co.uk>
> To: <darren@nutshell-hosting.co.uk>
> Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:24 PM
> Subject: Customer Service
>
>
> Dear Mr Tomlingson
>
> Thank you for your email received on the 11th September 2006. Charles
> Dunstone has passed this to me for my immediate attention.
>
> I am afraid that the attachment has not come through with your email. I > am
> very sorry for the further delay that this will cause however I will need > you to respond with the emails attached for me to go any further with
> your
> query.
>
> I look forward to your response.
>
> Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me > at
> cdunstone@cpw.co.uk or call our Customer Service Team on 0870 087 0168.
>
> Yours sincerely
>
>
> Samantha Greaves
> Customer Liaison Executive
> The Office of Charles Dunstone
>
> > ----------------------------
> > From: darren@nutshell-hosting.co.uk
> > Sent: 11 September 2006 11:13:23
> > To: cdunstone@cpw.co.uk
> > CC: ******@cpw.co.uk; *******@cpwplc.co.uk; *****@cpwplc.com
> > Subject: Fw: Samantha Greaves
> >
> > Dear Samantha Greaves,
> >
> > Dean Johnston asked me to forward the following emails to you again.
> >
> > See attached to this email all correspondence from Kelly Johnson. The
> > emails are attached in eml format.
> >
> > If however you cannot see any attachments on this email, please email
> > myself
> > back.
> >
> >
> > (E-mails sent to Kelly Johnston)
> >
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> >
> > Darren Tomlingson
> > Nutshell-Hosting
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Dean Johnston" <dean@nutshell-hosting.co.uk>
> > To: <cdunstone@cpw.co.uk>
> > Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:09 PM
> > Subject: FAO: Samantha Greaves
> >
> >
> > > Samantha,
> > >
> > > Please find attached all received correspondence on this machine with > >
> > > > myself
> > > and Kelly Johnson. This email contained all correspondance sent to
> > Kelly
> > > Johnson.
> > >
> > > Further correspondence may be sent from my business associate
> > > Darren@Nutshell-Hosting.co.uk
> > >
> > > Please note that this situation has been ongoing for nearly one
> month. I
> > > eagerly await a swift resolution to this r.e. Compensation for loss of
> > > business etc.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Kind Regards
> > >
> > > Dean Johnston
> > >
> >
>
>
> Any opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not > necessarily constitute the views of the Company. Nothing in this E-Mail > shall bind the Company in any contract or obligation.
>
> For the purposes of this E-Mail "the Company" means The Carphone
> Warehouse
> Group Plc and/or any of its subsidiaries.
>
> Please feel free to visit our website: http:// www.carphonewarehouse.com > or
> http://www.phonehouse.com
>
> The Carphone Warehouse Group Plc (Registered in England No. 3253714) 1
> Portal Way, London W3 6RS
>
>
>
>

This communication together with any attachments transmitted with it ("this E-Mail") is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this E-Mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited. Addressees should check this E-mail for viruses. The Company makes no representations as regards the absence of viruses in this E-Mail. If you have received this E-Mail in error please notify our IT Service Desk immediately by e-mail at postmaster@cpw.co.uk Please then immediately delete, erase or otherwise destroy this E-Mail and any copies of it.

Any opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily constitute the views of the Company. Nothing in this E-Mail shall bind the Company in any contract or obligation.

For the purposes of this E-Mail "the Company" means The Carphone Warehouse Group Plc and/or any of its subsidiaries.

Please feel free to visit our website: http:// www.carphonewarehouse.com or http://www.phonehouse.com

The Carphone Warehouse Group Plc (Registered in England No. 3253714) 1 Portal Way, London W3 6RS

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Return-Path: <cdunstone@cpw.co.uk>
Received: from ms01.CPWPLC.COM ([193.118.251.125])
by mail.nutshell-hosting.co.uk
with hMailServer ; Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:17:01 +0100
Received: from ae01.cpwplc.com (unverified) by ms01.CPWPLC.COM
(Content Technologies SMTPRS 4.3.12) with SMTP id
<T7ab9b9e0270a2c6a0b764@ms01.CPWPLC.COM> for
<darren@nutshell-hosting.co.uk>; Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:12:56 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <1158042165-10281@mimetools>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:12:44 +0100
To: darren@nutshell-hosting.co.uk
Subject: Customer Service
content-type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable
content-id: <1158042165-10282@mimetools>
X-Mailer: AEMEDDDMG-3.0
Return-Path: postmaster@cpw.com

Headers from this e-mail as proof this is not BS.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Some toss face @ CPW who wishes to undermine customers said:
Dear Mr *******
Thank you for your e-mail, which we received on 5th September 2006. I appreciate your patience in awaiting a reply.
Please accept my apology that your credit file has not been resolved in a more timely and efficient manner. I would like to assure you that any inconvenience caused was not our intention.

I have actioned your request - and forwarded your report attach to this email to our Credit Control Admin Team to rectify the amount on showing on your credit file. Please allow 48 - 72 hours to process.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valued custom since joining us. If The Carphone Warehouse can be of any service in the future please do not hesitate to contact us or visit our website www.carphonewarehouse.com.

A Friend of Mine said:
----------------------------
Sent: 05 September 2006 18:10:28
To: cdunstone@cpw.co.uk
CC:****@***.co.uk; dean@nutshell-hosting.co.uk; darren@nutshell-hosting.co.uk
Subject: Incorrect Credit Information

I am very disappointed with the total lack of communication between your departments,having notified you, that the information on my credit report was incorrect and that the debt was paid in full on the 20th of August to Fredrickson International Ltd for the sum of £377.08 yet on my credit report you have made a typo with a delinquent balance of £3,377 If This account information is not corrected with all credit reference agencies, in the next 7 days, I will instruct a solicitor, and come after the Carphone Warehouse for all costs & damages involved in putting this right, Under the data protection act, you are obliged to hold accurate information on me.

Remedy, mark account as settled remove delinquent balance typo, and put in writing that all credit reference agencies, now hold correct information in respect to your account.

Regards,

Mr Daniel ******
Flat 22
17 *********
London
020*****
077*******
D.O.B 08/**/****
Mobile Ref: 077**-*****
Account Password: *******

Still think CPW is the company you thought it was?
This is one of many of my friends who suffered a similar treatment at the hands of CPW.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Would it be possible please to have this stickied and some of the extra information posted with regards to correspondance added into the original post (keeping the posts e.g. crucial parts from 49 to 51 but keeping those thread's?) if it isn't too much trouble :)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Watchdog ? I would .. havnt read the full thread so apols if it has already been mentioned

Yeh Maz they were not intrested,

They are only intrested if it something that happens more than once to people and the likelyhood of them doing a special on just one case would not be very large. I also don't think they would get involved for the legal implications of this case. I've tried IIRC twice but I may try again.

Regards Dean

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Update: They now updated saying I'm 4months late on my 'payment' of monies that are not owed.

I'm going to be going to the financial services authority after instructing my solicitor to issue a CCJ to them.

Update: They now updated saying I'm 4months late on my 'payment' of monies that are not owed.

I'm going to be going to the financial services authority after instructing my solicitor to issue a CCJ to them.

If you get pissed off with your solicitor or loss trust, I work for a Senior Partner at a large law firm in Milton Keynes. He's been doing nothing but Civil Litigation, specifically debt recovery for the past 35 years and has just recently joined our firm.

Let me know if you fancy a change, this guy knows his salt.

If not then very good luck, I'm interested to see how this goes.

James. (currently a Civil Litigation Paralegal)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
If you wouldn't mind could you pass this on for his attention and see if he would be intrested in taking this on?

I need someone who is willing to take on the case .

Regards Dean.