ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars you regret selling

RB 182 Cup
My MG Maestro, the car was absolute junk, used as a second car in London to avoid my Renault Alpine get damaged in car parks, but I forgot to remove 40 CDs from a couple of CD holders I had under the seat which were worth more than I got for the car. Arse! New keeper never sent them on. They must have had a worse taste in music than they did cars.

My 1.2. First car, memories and all that.

Photo0206.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
JCC, thats proper. Why can't everyone else mod their 1.2's to look like that! Instead of all this crappy s**te.

Disastra Coupe
I love the Clio but i do miss the Saxo too... Clio is by far the better car as a daily but lack's the special feeling the Saxo had imo

vtrrims.jpg

funkybay.jpg

JCC, thats proper. Why can't everyone else mod their 1.2's to look like that! Instead of all this crappy s**te.

Cheers, it sounds big headed but I agree with you, the lack of tastefully done non-sports these days makes me weep.

Swift Sport
My Ignis...

6263707391_ffd61992b8_z.jpg

5638457454_141d3f789d_z.png

The most awesome box of sh*t I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
None.

Went from a 1.4 8v 206 to a Clio 182.

Loved the speed upgrade, although the interior was a downgrade.

Then from the 182 to my Golf.

Speed + Interior + Looks upgrade.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Never sold any of my cars, always given them away. The first being a rover 214 (shocking car) to the local college for the mechanics and then my fiesta to my sister :) I regret that because she destroyed it and it was mint.

Rb 182
For me it would be 2 cars. 1st one was selling John back the flamer. Longest i've had a car for and the best overall car so far.

172good1.jpg

The other would be selling up my Clio T after it got broken into, I lost all love for it after seeing it smashed up. Should have rebuilt it TBH :(

100_1448.jpg

100_2289.jpg

Trophy #490
My Trophy, never should have let it go :( Love my current 182 just not the same feeling............................................Sighs

Me too, miss my Trophy so much. Even kept in contact with its new owner to tell him that if/when he sells it, I'm having it straight back! There's just something about the way a Trophy attacks a good road. Drove just about every notable hot hatch (EK9, Focus RS, R26R, 200, GP), but not one has offered that same thrill the Trophy did every single time I drove it.

White clique
i regret selling my Honda CRX but only as it was so mint at the time, was like new and i sold it for peanuts. Then regretted getting rid of the Saxo VTR purely as i replaced it with a new MG ZR which was total rubbish.

I've never felt like i've made a real mistake when selling a car.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I miss my old 1.2, but just because it was my first car and it was faultless tbh. I don't regret selling it as the 182 is obviously the better car.

I don't regret selling the Cooper S one bit.

120d M Sport
A few shouts for 106 GTIs/VTS' and Fiesta Zetec-S' ...owned both and I can understand why!!

Definetely miss my first car...sentimental value and it was actually really tidy.

Photo618.jpg