ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe - Japfest - 16th May 2009

Mental 172 Cup
I know this is nothing to do with Clios etc! but as there are alot of people into JDM and japanese cars etc thought it would go down well here! :)

Turned up at 9am to constant rain! cleared up after about 30mins though and it then stayed nice for the rest of the time I was there!

Few pics that I took from today! Been practising panning abit more :)

Japfest01.jpg

Japfest02.jpg

Japfest03.jpg

Japfest04.jpg

Japfest05.jpg

Japfest06.jpg

Japfest07.jpg

Japfest08.jpg

Japfest09.jpg

Japfest10.jpg

Japfest11.jpg

Japfest12.jpg

Japfest13.jpg

Japfest14.jpg

Japfest15.jpg

Japfest16.jpg

Japfest17.jpg

Japfest18.jpg

Japfest19.jpg

Japfest20.jpg

Japfest21.jpg

Japfest22.jpg

Japfest23.jpg

Japfest24.jpg

Japfest25.jpg

Japfest26.jpg

Japfest27.jpg

Japfest28.jpg

Japfest29.jpg

Japfest30.jpg

Japfest31.jpg

Japfest32.jpg

Japfest33.jpg

Japfest34.jpg

Japfest35.jpg

Japfest36.jpg

japfest37.jpg

Japfest38.jpg

Japfest39.jpg

Few clios I seen up there anyones on here??

Japfest40.jpg

Japfest41.jpg

Japfest42.jpg

C&C Welcome

Luke

Golf R soon...
Good photos!

Went last year with a friend with a Supra TT. Was a good afternoon, especially on there with a convoy of 30+ Supras.

Was there a a Datsun there running a Supra TT lump? I swear one was on the track last year, sounded great

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Japfest17.jpg

2 very good friends of mine, 1 is a sprayer and the other a mechanic, both brothers, racing to get both done for the weekend

you notice what type of spoiler it was on the yellow one????

they are both not shy but the yellow one is the gifted child, those wheels aren't that big to look pretty

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i was there but wasnt impressed, saw no really special cars was a bit of a let down tbh

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Same old s**t, different year.

I've been the last 2/3 times and it still looks the same. Deffinately not worth the £18 entrance fee!!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I was there today thought it was a good show some nice machinery on show and the track action didnt disappointment as always :)

Japfest19.jpg

Thats our stand!! :D

I was in the middle of the two rows

Never above 25mpg
Some c**t in a red Impreza was overtaking liking a t**t on the way to Warminster from Westbury as I was on my way home from work today. Prick. If he hadnt of pulled in just at the right time I wouldve been a goner!!
He then wandered why I flashed him!!!!

Doesn't look like I missed much though. Good shots Luke.

Mental 172 Cup
thanks matey! there are some right nutters about! im not the last to get pissed off at people driving slow but would only overtake if its safe to do so! there are some nice long straights on the way to castle combe from my house! :)

I'm not bothered I didn't make it looking at that lot. Mostly ricer s**t with a couple of decent motors. Certainly not worth £18 going by the cars in those pics!

W

Willy

Good day out, really enjoyed it.

Luke, I think that black evo in the pic might of been the one that pretty much blew up, the one with RALLIART sticker, although there was a similar one.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i only paid 12 quid with stand pass lol! MOT u should of stopped me and said hi lol!

it was just all samey... about 5billion scoobys, 2billion skylines, s**t loads of hondas then a couple and it really only was a couple of good cars that had alot of work!

was funny sat in my rex and seeing all the chavvy kids going YES MUSH LOOK AT THAT RX7 INNIT....

i came away with a touge heros dvd and thats about it oh and some sunburn lol! saying that the touge heros stand was pretty much the only stand that had girls who didnt look like some cheap slapper lol!

couple r35's etc saw about 10 ek9 type r's s**t loads of dc2's dc5's and other civics all in all it was pretty s**t lol the trade stands were mainly cheap shitty tat... think rotorstock will be better... have to say the draggon rx7 drift car sounded f**king beasty there was a pp cosmo on our stand he decided to show off and rev the s**t out of it all of a sudden it went loud and the exhaust disintergrated lol! did have 2 HUGE turbo's on it though!

Lol at the 'stands', just some cars parked in a field is what it looks like?!

Quite like some of the DC5s though

Caterham 270R
Great pics:cool:

I always do this event and after last years que problem and suspect overflow car park different this year.
I drove in at 8.30 straight into quarry car park and only took 5 mins to get out.

Alot of action , thrills and spills on track ,not as many drifters this year which was a shame but all in all a good day.

The blue FTO hit hard at quarry........:dapprove:

I went along as well. Arrived at 8:30 and queued all the way from the A420 (coming from Chippenham), took me 40 minutes to get in and was directed to the overflow car park, despite them then filling the area behind Old Paddock a bit later, very odd. Not sure if the traffic issues were anything to do with breakdowns though, as I saw a couple in the villages including one of the drift cars.

Definitely not worth £18, the 'pro' drifters were distinctly average this year and even when it dried up most were not pushing too hard on track, I find Eurofest better despite being a much smaller event.

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Was some good cars on show but again it has been the exactley the same for years now!