ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe May Bank Holiday Raceday

Arrived nice and early for this one today, bit of a failure though, walkabout lens broke within 10 minutes (2 days old!) so I had to try and salvage a few from everything I took in the morning, then my pneumonia got the better of me (it doesn't like warm weather) and I had to leave after Race 1.

Good to see the Clio/Tony going well though, pretty close with the 205 towards the end of the race...

CA_05271318280397-L.jpg

CA_05271318273847-L.jpg

CA_05271318244121-L.jpg

CA_05271318262802-L.jpg

CA_05271318252278-L.jpg

The GT Academy boys on their usual Combe schedule (enter them in everything they are eligible for in one day!)
CA_05271318241223-L.jpg

DSC08616a-L.jpg

DSC09092a-L.jpg

Sharing the track with this sort of stuff...
DSC08715a-L.jpg

Bit of grass cutting...
DSC09142a-L.jpg

But not as bad as...
DSC09128a-L.jpg

DSC09182a-L.jpg

DSC09186a-L.jpg

Winner!
DSC09263a-L.jpg

More here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/Motorsport/Castle-Combe-May-Bank-Holiday

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Great day out as per.

Shame me and my son got 3rd degree burns. Proper Sunburn!! (Then windburn in the afternoon)

Despite living so close, and been going to Combe for the last 25+ years, I am NEVER properly prepared for the weather.

Great day out as per.

Shame me and my son got 3rd degree burns. Proper Sunburn!! (Then windburn in the afternoon)

Despite living so close, and been going to Combe for the last 25+ years, I am NEVER properly prepared for the weather.

You can never be prepared for Combe! I always take a raincoat and sun tan lotion, but still get caught out.

windburn in the afternoon

My face feels like it's been in a blast furnace.

Always a nice surprise to turn around and see a car from CS, especially a well developed Clio that fares well against the inevitable ridiculous power Evo/Impreza. I'll admit I did LOL at hearing "Would 'Tony Hunter' please report to Clerk of the Course" - hope it wasn't bad news!

GT Academy cars seem to get a lot of attention/photos.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Good pics mate, glad you're getting back into the motorsport pics.

PS, I used to use your photos for backgrounds at work but I've moved jobs and can't anymore, bring back more resolutions ;)

Always a nice surprise to turn around and see a car from CS, especially a well developed Clio that fares well against the inevitable ridiculous power Evo/Impreza. I'll admit I did LOL at hearing "Would 'Tony Hunter' please report to Clerk of the Course" - hope it wasn't bad news!

​Hope that wasn't for the little nudge I saw at quarry lol. Wish I'd had my video camera as it was right in front of me.

Good pics mate, glad you're getting back into the motorsport pics.

This was my last event (in a conventional photography sense anyway), sold all my gear yesterday, off to a new home tomorrow. Completely bored of it, going to try some new things next.

Will still be going to events all the time, but need a new challenge so I'm planning to shoot pretty much everything but on-track action...paddock stuff, circuits, crowds etc, a bit like the first few pics above, well outside of my comfort zone! Bought Fuji X gear with the funds which will never work for panning etc (I might try though!) so it should force me to become more creative.

182cup & 172 racecar
Great pics as always Chris. I do like the b&w ones, and #4 does look like that I'm asleep, I think I was trying to do the seat belt up, where were you then, didn't see you, were you hiding in the trees?

And yes it was for the little nudge at Quarry, don't see why I should lift if somebody decides to pull across in front of me. Clerk of the Course saw it my way anyway, so result stands. :)

Daniel, I bet your head is like a Swan Vestar match this morning.

4589853894_0742ca2c66_z.jpg

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Everyone I have come into contact with today has laughed at my bright reed heed!

Not a good look.