ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat C PH1 172

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Well, that didn't last long!

Police said the tyres were fooked and the tracking/camber was well out which probably didn't help, but lost the backend while coming round a sweeping bend on a dual carriageway at the start of the week. Tried getting control of it but span the other way and then round and round into the central res pretty much head on... Luckily no injuries and no other cars around but the car is a cat c unfortunately :(

As my excess is quite stupid and I'm unlikely to get much for it I'll be getting it back home in a few days when I'll be stripping it for parts. I've considered repairing or dropping everything into another car but I think I'm just gonna sell the parts and get a runaround (another Clio ofc!) until I can afford another (maybe a PH2 next time..!).

4579116039_6752dc612d.jpg

4579816952_6f72005e2d.jpg

4579138325_00f521a477.jpg

4579134467_8ab54eb7d4.jpg

4579141993_97e27cf72e.jpg

Will be putting up a for sale thread with all the parts but please PM me if you're interested in anything. I have rough prices in my head but no harm in checking/offering!

Anyway, time to renew my membership (which ran out a few days before the accident) as I'll be getting another non-sport Clio, then another RS Clio and most likely another RS after that too ;)

Lots of Alfas
Thats bad luck dude, but at least you were not hurt. Its seems so sad when another 172ph1 is broken up. Are you saying your tyres were fucked before the crash, did you not notice this??

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Yeah I know, it's a shame but has to be done.

Yeah the fronts were worn on the insides which I didn't notice. Not something I expected as the tyres seemed fine last time I checked.

172 5HED
Gutted mate, looked nice that!

So are the rozzers going to do you for your tyres too just to finish it off? :(

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Thanks.

Fortunately the police decided against paperwork as there were no other cars involved, etc... "At the end of the day, you're the one who's got to pay - you've just lost your car".

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
That sounds very unlucky. Could you have fixed it and not involved insurance?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Pair of front hubs please when you get round to breaking it.
Send me a PM so I don't forget, keeping a record in my inbox ;)

That sounds very unlucky. Could you have fixed it and not involved insurance?
I didn't really think about anything and had the insurance take it and inspect it. I told them when I first phoned that I may not go ahead with the claim as my excess is way too high and I'd end up losing out. Fortunately they said I'm entitled to 1 free recovery and all other fee's should be covered even if I decide to get it home - I'll find out on Monday what's happening with that side of things! Need to keep my 2 years NCB really.. no doubt about it.

As for repairing it... I've looked at costs of parts and I could probably get all the body parts for a few hundred but then there's the rad, subframe and any other damage I've not noticed (the aux belt has snapped for example..).

Mini Cooper S
Strip it for parts mate, no point reviving something worthless. I'm sure you didn't get too attached in the short time you owned it?

Anyway...unlucky about the accident, s**t happens. Just gotta move on and be greatful no one was injured ;)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Yeah I said that.. I didn't have it for long and don't really class it as a "pride and joy" as such so not that bothered! Onwards and upwards... eventually! lol.

Indeed, walked away with just a sore neck thankfully!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Wheels do have some minor kerbing but all straight so that's good lol. I've got a mate interested in them and he actually offered more than what I was planning on selling them for so they've defo gone already!

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Real shame about the car... but got to be glad that you or nobody else was injured. Hope it doesnt put you off the clio sports.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I Know its slightly against your poliscy-

I would not tell insurance, cancel the policy & get money back on that-
Then strip the car to the nuts & bolts- Im sure you could get at least 1-1.3k parts-
Wheels ~ £250 Interior, engine etc etc-

At the end of it I doubt you will be to far away from where you started in terms of price...

S

133, 182, Kangoo 182
mat-nos said:
^^^this........

or get youself a 1.2 and swap the engine/running gear over ;-)
To be honest i've been considering this a lot...!

Should have the car on the drive mon/tues so will see what I can do ;)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Phoned insurance again today who have now told me it's a "total loss" and I will get a valuation for it. Previously I was told I could have the car back (what I requested) and they will arrange for the garage to deliver it to my house as it is and stop the claim.

Grr! I've been told I can buy it back but will have to wait for their total loss dept to get in touch... I'm just hoping that they give me a decent offer and let me buy it back for peanuts... although I'll lose my no claims I might be able to make money from them and selling parts. Excess is 750 so I doubt I'll get much :(

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Not good at all :( I suppose in the end I might have more money to get another car but chances are I'll lose it in future premiums. Will definately haggle with them if I can!

DB.

BMW 440i
Such a shame. Love black Ph1s!

Atleast your ok anyway, and the police wont be charging you there!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Just got off the phone again and spoke to a guy who knew what he was doing and told me I CAN get the car back, just have to wait for the relevant departments to finish with their stuff and should hear tomorrow. :)

Some good news (ok maybe not good but better at least!) finally!

ITB'd 182...
Just got off the phone again and spoke to a guy who knew what he was doing and told me I CAN get the car back, just have to wait for the relevant departments to finish with their stuff and should hear tomorrow. :)

Some good news (ok maybe not good but better at least!) finally!

lol

If you dont hear by 4pm tommorow then call back.

I HEAR they only work 8-5, Monday to Friday ;)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Dave88 said:
Too much too soon me thinks?

Take it steady in whatever you get next
Nah, learnt to drive in a 172 and used it when I wasn't using the 1.2. I wasn't even driving stupidly when the accident happened, have had the car at it's limits before and kept control of it fine. A cars a car at the end of the day, depends how stupid you want to be.

But yes, I will be :) stupid low coilies on the next car to make sure I have to drive slooooow

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Guppy said:
lol

If you dont hear by 4pm tommorow then call back.

I HEAR they only work 8-5, Monday to Friday ;)
Will do, thanks. Same hours as me so a bit annoying that I have to use the mobile, already spent over £30 on the blower :(

clio 172
glad your alright mate s**t happens we all make mistakes when we are haveing to much fun ,and like you said no1 was hert hope u sprt a new car out soon and good luck with striping ,.,.,.bdw im intreseted in parts >>>

ITB'd 182...
Will do, thanks. Same hours as me so a bit annoying that I have to use the mobile, already spent over £30 on the blower :(

Ask for a call back.

Tell them your phones running out of credit. We get it all the time :)