ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat-cam 428's Results

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I have had the Cat-cam 428's fitted in my car last week at 519 Automotive and am off to see Matt at Tour De Force for live mapping tomorrow!

3 weeks ago on the TDF rollers my car did:

179.9 Bhp & 160.4 lb ft

So what you guessing at??

Im hoping for 190 what you reckon? :approve:

Skoda fabia Vrs
Re: Cat-cam 428's Best guess's please

194bhp & 166 lb ft. What do you mostly gain with 428's? bhp or torque? bit of both?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

if i get that ill lay an egg lol im thinking 190 is ambitious...

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

k&n panel
Upper and lower matched inlets
de-cat
full exhaust
mega power blue leads :dead:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Watch this space.....

5ac8bf4a-c059-1d04.jpg

These could be used for one of two scenarios!!!

Skoda fabia Vrs

ENGINE:

Prospeed Exhaust
Prospeed De-cat
Angelworks matched inlets
V6 airbox
Pipercross race filter
105mm c.a.f
Ported throttle body
PTFE gaskets
Catcam 428's camshafts
Mapped at Tour-de-force
RR @ powerstation 202.4bhp and 163.5 ft/lb

Good power on a 172 cup??

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
ENGINE:

Prospeed Exhaust
Prospeed De-cat
Angelworks matched inlets
V6 airbox
Pipercross race filter
105mm c.a.f
Ported throttle body
PTFE gaskets
Catcam 428's camshafts
Mapped at Tour-de-force
RR @ powerstation 202.4bhp and 163.5 ft/lb

Good power on a 172 cup??

That's quades cars spec is it not??

He will agree with me, the cars a freak lol it made 193 on the same rollers on the same day as mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OD_pMSmh80&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Its been a good day!!

Matt at TDF is a bloody good lad, and clearly v v knowledgable!

The car went on the rollers prior to mapping to see how it was doing witht he generic JMS P&B map and the cams..

The car did 176 bhp so it had lost 3 Bhp but the fuelling was all over the lace v rich in places and very lean in others due to the cams.

Matt then did his stuff and go knows how many dyno runs!
IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

And then then after a good while of tweaking etc the finished map...

The Dyno plot over the graph prior to fitting the cams...
IMG_0952.jpg

193 Bhp & 165.4 ft lbs

Im really happy, the car is a lot less peaky when driving and the car pulls really nicely all the wa to the redline now, it very impressive the difference! Overall i am very happy and would reccomend both Danny @ 519 Automotive and Matt at Tour-De-Force any day, top blokes!

Cheers

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
  R26
awesome results mate. may have to look into them when cambelt is due.
Ive been to both danny @ 519 and matt @ TDf (although only for a power run) and can vouch for how knowledgeable they both are. and both within 20 mins of me :D

Skoda fabia Vrs
194bhp & 166 lb ft. That way my guess and you got - 193 Bhp & 165.4 ft lbs

I think i win mate do i get a prize for best guess?:cool:

Well done

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Cheers matt was dead pleased, really didn't expect that much, thought 190 would have been a struggle! Matt was impressed with the car, no knock detected at all, and runs really well, ripe for SC or ITB's....

Twingors you are defo the winner lol good guess!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

Yep thats my car making 202.4bhp and 163.5bhp. Cracking result mate, you must be pleased. Need to see Matt again in a few months time. My car was down 2bhp at the tdf rr day from when Matt mapped it but torque was up 9ft/lb peak and in some places in the rev range 20ft/lb. My new front pads are sticking slightly and there's a small leak from the gearbox area. Once its all sorted i will get Matt to adjust the map (should of removed the PAS my then). Bet you had a smile on your face when you drove it home!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Was there for about 2 1/2 hours, car was on dyno for about an hour or so, matt had a basic base map for a 182 with 428's so was able to load that and it gave about 188 Bhp, he then fiddled and tweaked the fuelling etc to 193 :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Add about another hundred quid of labour on your cambelt change, plus cost of cams plus mapping and that gives you an idea...

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Dave, is that a 197 steering wheel on your car??

Looks different to standard one.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I got mine already converted mate by Tom at JMS, but they won't do them anymore though I think Fred @ BTM will do the conversion for you. The airbag has to be messed around with as well as all the cruise wiring in the wheel

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
did you noticed any difference back when you had the inlets matched? i guess you have the rs stamped ones, people say that you won't feel much matching these, that's why I'm asking

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
To be honest mate the inlets made little difference but wanted to do as much as I could on the standard management and inlets.

I'm just deciding on either ITB's or a supercharger

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Yeah matts sorting me a "special" ITB set up, just waiting on costs etc but thinks my car will do 215 happily!

But boost is good fun, reliability puts me off tho