ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what cams are best for my 182

Clio Sport 182
Hey everyone
A few months ago I decided to take my standard 55reg 182 to " 5!9 Automotive" near Bedford for Matched inlets,cat back system, KTR induction kit and a Re-Map.
I am very happy with the results; but now I want to get the cams done, I called the same place back to book in the work and he was happy to do it. But he fits re profiled cams =at £1100.00. not "cat/billet" cams. Does anyone have any advise on which cams to go for- not only for best results but what will suit my car best ?
JabbaSport will do me "Cat cams" but im waiting for their price?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Piper do a re grind cams which Ph1 Tom uses.

Ive got catcams 421's in mine but I am yet to get it running.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with reprofiled cams. The only problem is people's perception of them... They're the standard cams with a bit taken off the base circle and you get shims for the lifters. So if reprofiled cams are no good then the standard ones can't be either.

I run the Pipers, they're very good and will give you the same figures as catcams 438. The only cams you can fit without messing with pistons that are marginally better are 421 which have a couple of degrees extra duration but you're talking an extra £100 per bhp gained

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Is your car due belts ? This is the best time to do the cams if you see fit. Possibly why the price is so high too..? Not sure what a set of cams alone costs.

In the grand scheme of things, not really worth the bother though, IMO. Especially as you've already had it remapped - that'd need doing again I should think.

For the ~£1500 it's probably going to cost you to get another 10-15hp .. you could buy an Impreza for example.

Jus' sayin.

Ph1
Pipers all the way. Pull like a train from low down.

Only issue i had with mine is it could be a bit lumpy and hunt up the revs a touch when bringing the car back to idle. Does yours do that Tom?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Pipers all the way. Pull like a train from low down.

Only issue i had with mine is it could be a bit lumpy and hunt up the revs a touch when bringing the car back to idle. Does yours do that Tom?

It was a little lumpy but it's better now it's on itbs so whether it was more an issue with the idle valve or not I don't know.

Cayman S, RB 182
I am also looking for a set of cams as I have an oil leak coming from the head. Going to do the belts, skim etc. N thinking that it might be worth sticking a set of cams in while it's split.

Is there a set which would be good for a standard engine with breathing mods, which would also work well with itbs?

Cheers