ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAT for dci clio

would it b the same one as a 1.2 16v? i dont think it is but thought this would b the site to find out!!!

mines an s-shape one pretty much in the engine bay, pain in the arse!

Pete

Nope dci cat is compelty different it doesn't even have a true cat for starters.
the cat (its an emmisons filter in the dci) is right behind the turbo exhaust. The 1.2 has a cat under the car not under the bonnet.

thats wot i thought, was the same in my 99 1.2 clio.

would u have any ideas where to get a scrap one? its for makin a decat pipe to let the turbo spin up quicker since im gonna get extra lag if i put the intercooler off the dci 80 on.

Pete

peje said:
thats wot i thought, was the same in my 99 1.2 clio.

would u have any ideas where to get a scrap one? its for makin a decat pipe to let the turbo spin up quicker since im gonna get extra lag if i put the intercooler off the dci 80 on.

Pete
Try Matt on 01254 386661
I take it your going for a custom remap as there no point otherwise. The lag from an intercooler won't make any difference the 80dci and 100 run intercoolers with no more lag than the 65.

runnin a cooler will produce more lag mate, there's no arguin the point! as she spins up its gotta put the pressure round the system rather than just straight into the inlet.

mayb nt much but enough that id rather do without, i know decat wont improve speed n that like in a petrol-thats y i gave my reasonin as wantin to reduce lag.

Thanks for the number, im from N.Ireland so will prob need to try and source one over here.

Pete