ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat issue

Countryman JCW
Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I've been out the loop a while on clio's, but now i've got myself another 182, i thought id put a fresh change of oil through it for piece of mind. Whilst doing so, i went under the car to check the health of the exhaust which was fine, but the CAT is shot and its rattling under hard acceleration. The two spring bolts that hold it together are wobbly so the whole thing needs replacing.

What are my options these days? i've got a full SS exhaust on already which is perfect for me sound wise as i don't want loud. Worried if i go de-cat its going to be too loud? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Ross

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
is the actual cat broken or just the joining kit?

the kit is cheap around £20

Countryman JCW
I think its the CAT as the bit where the joining kit goes is all corroded and has nothing to join to... i'll double check later though.

If this is the case, any cost effective ideas?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I think its the CAT as the bit where the joining kit goes is all corroded and has nothing to join to... i'll double check later though.

If this is the case, any cost effective ideas?
Sure you need a new cat?

There are sacrificial cups that slot into the manifold side which can be hammered out and replaced with a new cat fitting kit are the usual weak part:

From -

zuzu2a5y.jpg

To -

SDC18067.jpg