ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat question

clio mk2 1.2 16v
My front cats gon n the guy sed it dusnt majorly need changin but its rattlin like hell! woz jus wonderin if any damage could be dun if i dnt change it soon? ie could the broken up bits inside find their way elsewhere?
cheers

Clio 172 mk2
Don't think it'll do much damage but if the cells are breaking up it's going to be worse on emissions

Ford Puma
Some people have broken up the bits inside a CAT to make a make shift De-cat zorst system.

The CAT is purely there for emissions, if it doesn't perform it will not pass an MOT emissions test and there for fail.

A new one is best. And by the way your front CAT is your only CAT on a car, the small box near the back box is a silencer :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
if left as it is, it will find its way to the end of the pipe, and block it...leading to loss of power (like a top speed of 30/40mph!) its becuse the elements inside turn around to the side and get sucked/blown into the back of the cat, completely blocking the pipe.

clio mk2 1.2 16v
cheers guys, i shall get a new one wen ive saved up, jus bout a 172 grill n sport steering wheel