ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat to manifold problem

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
After driving along a very poor road today the exhaust started blowing big time.
Drove the chav mobile home and it appears the impact has snapped all four of the mounting holes that use the standard bolt/spring olive connection!
After a bit of research on this wonderful place it appears I could go to a garage and get them welded together With a sleeve.
Can anyone clarify if this is ok as I’m guessing there should be some element of flexing at this joint.
Dont really want to get another manifold as I’ve heard they are a sod to fit and probably just as rusty as my one.
Many thanks in advance. Andy.
5286CFF3-CF4C-4B6E-8A89-F9C141658D1C.jpeg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Mine hasn't failed but I didn't have a fitting kit so temporarily bolted it solid together with nuts and bolts (removing the flex of the springs) and 2x years later ive never went back to fix it and its spot on! its never caused any excess wear on the exhaust mounts etc

I know that's not a solution to your problem but shows I wouldn't be overly concerned about removing the joint. you could get a custom exhaust place to weld in a flexi and flange if you were worried

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Mine hasn't failed but I didn't have a fitting kit so temporarily bolted it solid together with nuts and bolts (removing the flex of the springs) and 2x years later ive never went back to fix it and its spot on! its never caused any excess wear on the exhaust mounts etc

I know that's not a solution to your problem but shows I wouldn't be overly concerned about removing the joint. you could get a custom exhaust place to weld in a flexi and flange if you were worried
Many thanks Martin.
Popped up to my local garage tonight and they see this kind of thing all the time on Ford Focus systems. Using a flexi joint seems to work.
He is going to have her in next week and hopefully that should do the trick.