ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAT1 Alarm no change to insurance price

I am with Direct Line and have just had the Renault factory CAT1 alarm fitted to my Dynamique. To my suprise I was told by Direct Line that having this done has made no difference to my premium as my car is not on the list of cars that having an alarm fitted get a discount.

I cant believe it. They rip you off if you add a mod but when you try to get something back they do nothing.

Rik

[Edited by KTR-CLIO on 06 June 2004 at 4:05pm]

Ye the Clio has a good enough security system as standard.

But at least your cars safer than an unalarmed one.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i got a Cat 1 and mine didnt go down at all either, i didnt buy it for the insurance reason though, i bought it for my peace of mind

Same here, what I was told was that if it was a higher group car then it would make a difference but they dont think that my little 1.2 dynamique is that likely to be targeted so no big benefit!!

Sorry to hear this mate..same sh*t though with insurance comanies...willing to take your cash year after year but when you need money for a claim they will try and wriggle out of it as quick as you like!

Usual story..make a change and they want more money...make you car secure and usually at great expense and they say...why bother?..they should reward you for making your car safer as it makes the car more difficult to steal...

its a license to print money as quite a few claims are minor and it isnt worth claiming or you lose your no claims or pay a hefty excess..its a con all round and the annoying thing is that we have to have it or face prosecution by the pigs

[Edited by cnic69 on 06 June 2004 at 7:22pm]

Sorry to ask a different question, but how much and how easy was it to get the Renault alarm fitted?

It is a pain in the @rse that it doesnt make any difference tho - I was hoping it would too!!

Quote: Originally posted by april on 06 June 2004

Sorry to ask a different question, but how much and how easy was it to get the Renault alarm fitted?
£400 I think it cost me I got it done when I bough the car but you could get it instaled at a later date. You would be better of with another alarm though IMO for a lot less money.

They have to take the dash to pieces to do it.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 06 June 2004

its a license to print money as quite a few claims are minor and it isnt worth claiming or you lose your no claims or pay a hefty excess..its a con all round and the annoying thing is that we have to have it or face prosecution by the pigs

[Edited by cnic69 on 06 June 2004 at 7:22pm]
Off Topic - Its big claims that cost money though, HIC had a claim going through when i took out my cover, that was costing them £500k. A claim that size isnt that uncommon i wouldnt have thought, what with the compensation culture we have at the minute.

On Topic - With HIC, I got a 5% discount for having my CAT1 (Clifford Concept 300) fitted, obviously by a registered place.