ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catalytic converter advice

I'm having a clear out, and have the OEM catalytic converter that we cut out from our 182 when converting to a race car.
When I say 'cut out' I do mean literally cut out as shown in the photos!
I've seen quite a bit on here and elsewhere about the fortunes that these are now worth. Obviously that was after taking a hacksaw to the pipes:rolleyes:

The car is unlikely to ever go back on the road so will probably sell the cat.
Apart from the 'plain tails' it looks pretty clean and there were no rattles prior to removal.

I would appreciate an informed idea of the value,

Many thanks Andy

20210110_105013.jpg

20210110_105237.jpg

The value is in the internals for recycling, they don't get bought to use as is. @Yorkshire Pudding can steer you towards the right buyer.
Ah! Many thanks, so the fact that we cut the pipes isn't necessarily a terrible thing. Good to know.
I'm too not bothered if someone with the knowledge and connections buys it from me and then sells it on for a decent profit, everyone's got to make a living, I just don't want to get completely mugged!
Thanks for your help

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Whats a genuine price for a clio 182 cat these days thats done only 40K miles? with original ends / flanges?
They don't care about mileage or flanges. I think the price has fallen a fair bit since 2021, could be wrong.

But keep it! In a few years there will be none left and people will rip your arm off to buy it... or better yet buy your car with it fitted.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
I tried to buy a 182 cat off Facebook recently after people told the poster that they were circa £100 scrap. But he wanted way more.

Does anyone know an up to date value on them? @Chode Lint

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just a bump to ask what the ballpark current value is for an original 182 cat and where to sell it?

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Miles and condition make no difference for recycling, do they? I've just had a private message telling me that one sold recently on eBay for £100 and would I take that lol.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Miles and condition make no difference for recycling, do they? I've just had a private message telling me that one sold recently on eBay for £100 and would I take that lol.
Yeah, that was from me, don't be afraid to tag, honey.

They're worth £130-150 scrap MAX now, and they go up and down in value constantly.

I literally linked you to the ebay ad where it says sold, what's the problem?

Screenshot_20231020_154538_eBay.jpg