ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat's Clio 172

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Well just got home from picking up the new motor.

Flew down Sunday, although wasn't sure if the flight was going to get canned so lucky I even got there. Stayed the night and got picked up to go see it this morning. Liked what I saw so bought it, over 500 miles later I'm home
smiley1.gif

And here it is:
DSCF0501.gif

DSCF0499.gif

DSCF0500.gif

DSCF0502.gif

DSCF0503.gif

DSCF0504.gif

DSCF0506.gif

DSCF0507.gif

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Pretty much just itbs, decat and omex really. And ast coilovers.

Plans are to remove the air con as it doesn't work, so no point in it being there. Also tidy it up and underseal it. Thats about it really, just tidy tidy and a few small tweeks like wind deflectors and stuff like that.

Tbh though it's not going to be a power house, it would never out drag my starlet ever, well without a good bit of coin and I aint spending massively on this like I did on the starlet.

CLIO PH1 172
looks good and will benefit hugely from a good tidy up, fair play flying to go look at it lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
awww my old shed!!

look after her lol...

i think i still have a spare locking wheel nut key for it somewhere humm

Clio 172
Very nice Ph 1 and similar spec to mine, I see an SV plate in the background are you from Aberdeenshire?.

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Nah it was a garage and I doubt they'll break it for parts like. Shame as was a clean car and I do love he colour of exclusives.

But I prefer the itb's :D

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Yeah it has been there for bit like. And will be a bit longer now lol

Just been buying up some goodies for the clio.

Bought a air con removal kit from Pure motorsport off ebay. Also will be buying their stud conversion kit as wheel studs are much better in my opinion!

Also some samco hoses should be on their way soon enough :)

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member

Bought a air con removal kit from Pure motorsport off ebay. Also will be buying their stud conversion kit as wheel studs are much better in my opinion!

Nice, I'm after one of them kits myself if I keep my clio. Give me a shout if want a hand when your fitting it.

Clio 172

I wish i'd spied that kit before i did my conversion as i'm not happy with the power steering hose setup after fitting the cup setup.

Will have to meet up for a wee look at this beast when your kit is fitted.

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Nice, I'm after one of them kits myself if I keep my clio. Give me a shout if want a hand when your fitting it.

Not a prob, was having a look at the fitting instructions, looks awefully complex to me like lol You done a clio timing belt before?

I wish i'd spied that kit before i did my conversion as i'm not happy with the power steering hose setup after fitting the cup setup.

Will have to meet up for a wee look at this beast when your kit is fitted.

Aye nay worries like buddy.

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Not a prob, was having a look at the fitting instructions, looks awefully complex to me like lol You done a clio timing belt before?

They look like a good piece of kit. No afraid I've not done a clio timing belt, don't think I'd want to either, not much space in the bay!

If you're looking for somehwhere to have the fitted I've been hearing good things about clarke motorsport in kintore??

Clio 172
I'm getting mine done next week by a guy who doe's a lot of local rally car work out by Aboyne, He looks after Chris Abels rally 172 and doe's all his engine work.

He qouted me "about £100" on the phone for labour as i have all the parts already, he's also changing the waterpump for me.

Will see if he doe's a good job and let you guys know.

Clark Motorsport did my suspension setup and corner weighting and their service is very good also.

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
I feel ya ;)

A few new parts arrived today and yesterday:
DSCF0510.gif

DSCF0511.gif

DSCF0512.gif

Aint fitted the air con removal kit yet but I did fit the wind deflectors and the head unit stalk control harness, but no pics of the harness really.
Wind deflectors fitted:
DSCF0513.gif

Not as good as the wind deflectors on the starlet I don't think but should help a bit as I smoke unfortunately lol

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good bud. And yeah no worries if you need a run home if you get the air con removal kit fitted by clarke motorsport.

Oh you should quit that smoking malarky, bad for you :rasp:

clio 182
lovely motor mate!

would i be right in thinkin you bought a bailey dump valve of me a while ago for your starlet? Your out next to alford?

what exactly you change with the air con removal kit? what pulleys?
after this is don't need a balance with the crank, flywheel etc?

clio 182
ha ha, small world is it!

why did you get rid of the starlet then?

there is a few of us up here wit clio sports! should have a meet sometime!

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Oh for real partner!

Kind of got fed up with the quest for more and more power. And wanted a cheaper car that I can do the work run in that handles unlike the starlet.

Still got the shell sitting on the garage to be space at the side of hte house lol And my fiesta 1.25 auto 5 door beast lol