ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CCTV Question

clio 182 black /gold
Hi im after putting CCTV outside my house. I have seen various systems but not sure whats the best. Say about £100ish?. I have looked for a camera built into a light, but not sure where to buy them from.

500bhp Scoob
My dad has always been in with the whole cctv thing, ever since black and white domestic units ever came out.

He's now running 3 X10 Wireless colour cameras, with 1 having full directional scan, all controlled by remote.

you'll find many different systems, but I think you can get a colour one for quite cheap now, wireless is ok, but as soon as a neighbour turns on their microwave, thats it, picture goes. same with using wireless routers, they cause quite a bit of interferance as they all use the 2.4ghz band

My dad has always been in with the whole cctv thing, ever since black and white domestic units ever came out.

He's now running 3 X10 Wireless colour cameras, with 1 having full directional scan, all controlled by remote.

you'll find many different systems, but I think you can get a colour one for quite cheap now, wireless is ok, but as soon as a neighbour turns on their microwave, thats it, picture goes. same with using wireless routers, they cause quite a bit of interferance as they all use the 2.4ghz band

My god do you live next to broadmoor hospital or something.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
There are loads on Feebay but you will not get a decent colour camera for £100, and unless you want to be up to your neck in tape, you need a Digital Video Recorder with motion sensor and event recorder, or you will spend all day looking at all night.

500bhp Scoob

lol, we had pikeys living a few doors down, and theres a known car thief 'gang' accross the road, who used to sniff about my car, and caught once trying to nick my exhaust system... he'd jacked the car up so he could get underneath ,and had undone all the bolts underneath the car, luckily we caught him just in time. He's also just got away with being found with an ATM in his house that had been stolen... god knows how

lol, we had pikeys living a few doors down, and theres a known car thief 'gang' accross the road, who used to sniff about my car, and caught once trying to nick my exhaust system... he'd jacked the car up so he could get underneath ,and had undone all the bolts underneath the car, luckily we caught him just in time. He's also just got away with being found with an ATM in his house that had been stolen... god knows how

Gotta love Gillingham mate!

I do worry about my car and were its left.

Probably didn't know it was stolen when he bought it off ebay!