ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD v DVD Head Units

1*2 Dynamic 03
I always thougt that people who think of thier car as a penis extension are the only people who buy DVD head units, untill...........My amazing other half bought me a totally unexpected present, a £200 wharfedale dvd haed unit with 7" motorised screen! So after 2 weeks of looking at the box i gt out the soldering iron and wire connectors and fitted it.From the begining i was critical cause of the lack of right/left output for my twin amps and knowing i couldnt use the steering wheel controls that i culd with my kenwood head unit but, a wiring kit from halfrads and modifying my kenwood control plug meant it all worked. It did have a saftey switch so it would stop the pic when the handbrake is released but some electrical knowledge sorted that 1! ;)Fitting was easy as hell and by the end of the fitting i was like a kid, couldnt wait to do a homer simpson and say my now fav words "screen goes out/screen goes in!" The quality is really outstanding, i thought the pic would be cr*p but its nearly psp quality and puts MUCH more expensive units to shame. Sound is nearly as good as my kenwood which in itself is no mean feat.So to me its no longer a penis extension but a vital part of my car, i will not be without 1 in any car i ever buy! Really worth it, why pay £200-£300 on a cd player when you can buy a dvd unit?!Now that my kenwood is my spare, if ay1 wants my original standard cd player from my 03 clio whith full instruction and security code which is in perfect condition ad used once due to my instant replacement kenwood!) pm me

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
the one they do in halfords with the ipod connecter looks good to for the price.

and id keep the standard head unit for when you sell the car

Ph 1 172
see i have had mine nearly 6months at first it was great like you said but you suddenly realise whats the point lol.... i dont think my screen rarely comes out now ...just made my car more nickable.... they are cool when people first get in your car though