ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CDR/RW in standard 172 CD changer

Does the standard 172 changer support CDR/RWs? Mines a 2001 model and I would have thought everything would have supported them by then but mine just says No Disc :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

It supports most CDRs but not!!! cdrws!!

however renault are launching a mp3 HU soon and that should be a straight swap for your current hu

What software do you use to make your CDs then? I use Nero but it doesnt recognise any disks :(

Is there any difference between the UK spec changer and the Euro spec?

Renault Laguna Coupe

All car CD players seem to read CDRs no problem. My autochanger has never seen a real CD! I make em with Adaptec CD Creator Deluxe and Nero - they all work. Never tried CDRW though.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Gav,

Make sure when using nero that you check the finalize disk option, otherwise it will only be playable in cd recorders.

Thanks, Ill check but I think I did that anyway, they play in all other CD drives and I usually check them by putting them in the DVD drive on my PC anyway.

Maybe its just user error ;)