ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

central locking issue and interior

Renault clio 1.2 16v
hey guys new to the forum and clio scene. basically my 02 1.2 clio (flacelift) central locking is having issue's, it locks the doors fine even inside lock works however the boot wont lock at all so its a bit annoying as it can be opened while the cars locked :s any idea what could be wrong?? and also my interior is in a bit of a state so im thinking of outfitting the clio with the 2.0 sport interior. question is, is it simple as a remove replace situation or is it more of a ball ache with extra wires and switches for seats ect. hope that explains everything.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
boot is probably the solenoid. I gave my a tap and it's been fine since this last happened!

Easy, just swapps over. 8 nuts and 3 bolts

clio 182
same thing happened to my boot lock. take the plastic cover off the rear hatch and expose solonoid( small white block) to the side there is a spring loaded mechanism which should pop in and out when you use the key to activate.spray a bit of wd40 on this part.did the trick for me.good luck.