ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ceramic pads

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Is it true that ceramic pads give off lest dust or at least dust that doesn't stick to wheels?

Looking for some Road only pads that don't require me to clean my wheels every time I go out! Ha

Ebc claim to do this but hear very mixed reviews on Ebc

Ta

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
I think its supposed to be EBC redstuff that is this ceramic based one, dunno if its available for the clios? Also dunno about them in general, was tempted to try them on whichever car needed them next. Sure they should be sufficient for road use.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cheers it's for a different application but thanks.

Gonna go for Ate ceramic I think.

'10 Clio200
the whole point of the ceramic pads is to reduce the amount of dust (actually, the dust they produce is more light colored but the amount is more or less the same).
stopping power is s**t IMHO when you go hard on them, they fade quicker and do not recover so well. For normal granny driving are ok.

the whole point of the ceramic pads is to reduce the amount of dust (actually, the dust they produce is more light colored but the amount is more or less the same).
stopping power is s**t IMHO when you go hard on them, they fade quicker and do not recover so well. For normal granny driving are ok.

You've obviously been using the wrong ceramic pads.
Pagid RS29's and 14's are absolutely awesome, bit they are dusty.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
That's exactly why I want them. Sick of cleaning my alloys!! They're a really awkward design

It's not for Track, I use ds2500 on my civic and they're brilliant but dusty

well, I guess... but I was speaking about road pads, not racing pads
Point taken, I didn't really register the road only bit in the opening post.
Having said that I would still go for the track pad (assuming they are available to fit the caliper) as they are brilliant performers.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Got a few vw mates who all run ebc pads. They love them. Then again, they like vw..

I'm not sure whether ebc pads are all ceramic or just the odd model, but I was very impressed with the yellow stuffs on an m4.

My heavy footed mate managed to get them smoking but they carried on performing well throughout the day without issue.