ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

change of fuel

Car  Mountune Tractor
Having run my 172 on vpower since I've owned it, I recently had to put normal unleaded in the tank because the local shell had run out. My car is running a bit pants from cold now? Can't wait to get the vpower back in.
 
I have put BP 95 ron in mine. I normaly put in tescos finest but hey i wanted a change.
 
my car seems to run s**te on tesco's or asda's c**p, if i use shell, total or texaco its like a completely different car.
 
is vpower or similar recommended for 172-182's then?

They recommend 98 ron for 172/182 and vpower is 99. I find that it makes my car run a bit better but some have no problems using normal unleaded. Plenty of old threads about this subject so maybe worth doing a search (don't want to go over old ground).
 
performance wise it makes jack all difference. Might give you a couple of extra mpg.

What i have found though is that if i run 97 or 95 when forced to, and by that i mean im runnin on nats piss and need to fill up asap, i dont lose performance, but the exhaust becomes very farty when i lift off the throttle.
kinda like a wet slippy fart! LOL
 
There was a test done by fifth gear I think it was.

That showed on small engines there is no difference between the different RONS in terms of BHP gains but the more HP the car has the greater the difference it makes.

I think the golf gti gained something like 6bhp and the subaru even more.

Sam
 
performance wise it makes jack all difference. Might give you a couple of extra mpg.

What i have found though is that if i run 97 or 95 when forced to, and by that i mean im runnin on nats piss and need to fill up asap, i dont lose performance, but the exhaust becomes very farty when i lift off the throttle.
kinda like a wet slippy fart! LOL

lol you nutta!
 
There was a test done by fifth gear I think it was.

That showed on small engines there is no difference between the different RONS in terms of BHP gains but the more HP the car has the greater the difference it makes.

I think the golf gti gained something like 6bhp and the subaru even more.

Sam
Yeah, I saw it, it's a waste of money in the less powerful engines. It only benefits an already powerful engine..
 
well i use the nearestm and most of the time the cheapest petrol station!!! works fine for me!
 
There was a test done by fifth gear I think it was.

That showed on small engines there is no difference between the different RONS in terms of BHP gains but the more HP the car has the greater the difference it makes.

I think the golf gti gained something like 6bhp and the subaru even more.

Sam

Which are both turbocharged cars
 
Back
Top