ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed Oil + Filter on Mk2 1.2 and now whistling noise?

As above. I changed the oil and filter on a Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v today, and all went fine.
Changed the sump nut washer, oiled the rubber bit on the filter, and filled up.

However now when the engine is idling there is a whistle noise. Not very loud, but definitely there, as if air is being sucked in/blown out somewhere.
Then when you turn the engine off, the sound of air continues about 2/3 seconds after the engine has been turned off..

Why would this happen? I can't quite track where its coming from, possibly the filter?
Could it be the filter isn't sealed on properly (although I don't know why, as I said, oiled it and double checked its tight.. But would this lead to whistling noise?

Also when I removed the dipstick, it was spitting small amounts of oil up the tube.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As above. I changed the oil and filter on a Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v today, and all went fine.
Changed the sump nut washer, oiled the rubber bit on the filter, and filled up.

However now when the engine is idling there is a whistle noise. Not very loud, but definitely there, as if air is being sucked in/blown out somewhere.
Then when you turn the engine off, the sound of air continues about 2/3 seconds after the engine has been turned off..

Why would this happen? I can't quite track where its coming from, possibly the filter?
Could it be the filter isn't sealed on properly (although I don't know why, as I said, oiled it and double checked its tight.. But would this lead to whistling noise?

Also when I removed the dipstick, it was spitting small amounts of oil up the tube.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think its just a normal noise tbh! Me being paranoid. I swapped the airbox over for an induction kit at same time, so could just be coincidence.

Honestly dude, you post the above, then post the bit in bold...

What do you think is more likely to make a whistling noise??

1eight2
Can anyone help me my cars making a loud noise from the back after I filled it up with petrol.

I also fitted a full system exhaust