ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changes / battery move and new induction

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Its been a long time since I posted some pics of my car and its gone through a few changes... I've finally got round to cleaning her and taking some pics. Comments and feedback welcome :)

Attachments

• 14a.jpg
    14a.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 14b.jpg
    14b.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 14c.jpg
    14c.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 15a.jpg
    15a.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 15b.jpg
    15b.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 197

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
more pics...

Attachments

• 15c.jpg
    15c.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 863
  • 15d.jpg
    15d.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 15e.jpg
    15e.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 176

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Sorry I should have explained... Its a race battery which can be layed flat on its side cos it's a solid state battery. It's in a carbon look battery box with a cut off switch.

M

mini-valver

Did you get the TB from Ebay? Noticed any difference? Could be hard to tell as you've moved the battery aswell......

Looks awesome lad!

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Cheerz :)

Yup ebay one, had the tb done before the battery move and thought there was a slight difference but could have just been in my head. was only 56quid and exchange of tb, so worth a shot. The inside was smoother but the blade is still the same size

M

mini-valver

Yeah, I was pretty sceptical about them aswell TBH! Battery re-locatin is tidy as though fella....

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah, I was pretty sceptical about them aswell TBH! Battery re-locatin is tidy as though fella....

Same! making something shiny = performance? :eek: Would be interesting to see a before/after RR but abit OTT for such a small change.

Anyway, car looks great and I love that battery!

M

mini-valver

If the inlet tract was more linear and you knew it had good flow properties etc then it might make a difference but IMO it wont do s**t!

£56 was worth a punt though I guess!

182 ff with cup pack's
looks like u have done a good job of that loving the rims too. whats the battery u using know then?

172 Race Car
Im doing something similar (relocating battery for induction) Are u venting the oil breather to atmosphere?

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Sorted your wheels & brakes yet?

Ended up selling the brakes but I might be back in the fold again with Ben_p's group buy

Im doing something similar (relocating battery for induction) Are u venting the oil breather to atmosphere?

Yeah not connected to the induction anymore... I have an itg vent filter

sweet , i see you've changed the ik angles again ;)

Yup, this is my winter setup because I dont want to get any water on the ecu as it was placed before. but soon as it gets warmer and drier I have the other setup you have seen ;)

Cool mods. What's going on with the headunit though?

Was intending to get an alpine but havent got around to it... the noise when I floor it is ammusing enough.

Thanx for all the comments... But to be honest if I was doing it again I wouldn't bother. On a good note torque is now 170ftlb and 188bhp on a dyno dynamics rolling road!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Very tidy! :approve:
Just needs engine cover & HU to top it off

Whats been done to the throttle body?