ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changin engine from 1.2 8v to 1.4 8v will i need new gearbox

mk1 RT
i.2 box will be ok some muppet fitted on to my old 1.4rt and the damn thing wouldnt go over 90 but it got there quicker than my standard 1.4 does

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
im also interested in doing this... does the jb3 gearbox fit on the side all ok? also whats the best 1.4 engine availible (i.e is there a diet/energy/16v)...? New ECU AND wireing loom need aswell or just ecu?

S2000
tbh I had thought the 1.2 and 1.4 boxes were the same, but yes it should fit no problem. I'm guessing as its an 8v that its a Mk1 your talking about?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
sorry to bring this up again. Can someone please tell me if the 1.2 box will fit on the side of the 1.8 16v? i know the 1.2 box isnt good for top speed, but im not interested in that, im looking for a large amount of pull away power... would the driveshafts still fit?

Thanks