ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Back To Ur Orginals

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Ive just put the orig phase 2 wheels on my 16v from it having 17s on it since i bought it. The smoother ride (gears & bumps), MUCH quicker pick-up and general feel of driving it has made me consider keeping 15s, but the standard wheels look AWFULL! I reckon Williams wheels would suit, only everyone would think your a wanna be. :devilish:

Anyone else really prefer the general ride when on orginal sized wheels? BUT i cant keep these phase 2 wheels, so anyone got pictures of there 16v (preferrable black) on 15s or 16s, so i can have a BUTCHERS? Cheers :cool:

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Its all a matter of personal peferrance.

I absoulutely love the Dimma kit wheels for the Clio phase 1/2, but 1500 quid takes the biscuit! WHATS THE CLOSEST SET TO THE DIMMA WHEELS WHICH WONT COST MORE THAN SMALL HOUSE! (Curved five spoke, with the edge of the rim standing out further than the spokes, smooth design) :cool:

Trophy

The old TSW Stealth is very close to what you are describing! Not sure if you can still buy them though?

Mat.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Im in the same sutuation. I changed standard phase 1s for the winter and it looks a bit sh*te. Drives much better and is definately quicker. But the 17" gold monzas are just begging to go back on!!

Mikey-

If you fancy selling your phase 2s let me know!

Craig

The secret is to lower the car if you keep the original wheels. I recently put my Phase2s back on and Im having them refurbed at the mo. I also reckon that they do look better!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

i changed from my gold monzas back to my standard 15s for winter, but just yesterday changed back again to my 16s. I think they do look good as the lower profile tyre looks better.

Adams2k - we have the same wheels and gotta say they do look much better than the standard phase 2 15s. However having 16s doesnt affect the performance that much , not as much as your 17s anyway.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I dont think they make either the TSW Alpines or Stealth 1/2 wheels in a 16 fitment, so is there a set of wheels like these in 16s? BK Racing 82s are only made in 15 aswell!:cry:

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Arron, yeah mate the same wheels, They do look the nuts IMO. Im itching to put them back on but after all the work my engines having done I want to drive it at its full potential for a few weeks, so I might keep the 15s on 4 a bit longer!!

Craig

BMW 320d Sport

I had the original phase 1 wheels on for years and IMHO it looked hot, just with a 35mm drop all round. Went for 18s in the end just to get it ready for Donny last year, and I gotta say the ride quality on 18s was a lot better I thought. But handling was a bit more edgy on hard cornering with the huge rims. nothing wrong with keeping the original Renault alloys on there though, I think they look wicked.

I thought the origional wheels looked good when i put them on for the winter but after putting the 17s back on (and finding out that it is due to snow in 2 fecking days!) I dont think I coudl go back to the origional wheels. But then again I aint got a valver. As I like the valver wheels alot

clio 20v

compomotive ats are almost exactly the same as the dimma wheels and they come in 16s

not sure wether u can still get em though, should think so as u can still get compomotive mos

Toureg vW Transporte

yeah thinking of the change back for sure, i have an phase 2 on 17inch kahns at the mo, but am looking for a set of phase 2 originals so if any are for sale let me know guys

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I dont have a valver but i run 16v phase 2 wheels on mine. Had them refurbed and they look pretty sweet. I am after some other wheels as well but want to keep them 15s and not sure which to get. Speedline do some nice wheels (comp 2 umm) but all the other makes look a bit stupid in 15s IMO.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Anyone got Speedline Comp2 wheels on their valver, please could you link me to some pics (preferable a black 16v). Thanks for all the suggestions. :)