ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing brakes

04 Monaco Blue 172
hi guys, ive looked for information and a fitting guide but not stumbled upon one, and i did search for a lot of things

so my questions are.

when replacing the brakes, do i have to get the rear disks with bearings in them or not? as my rear wheel bearings are fine, i just need the disks

do i need to get abs rings aswell? or can i use my old ones?

im changing all 4 disks and pads and not looking to spend anymore than £100 as im moving house on weds lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220304806572?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280127674432?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

they are my options basically, unless anyone has any suggestions of better alternatives for a similar price :) not to fussed about using renault brakes as they are useable items if you get my meaning

thanks and my apologies if it has been covered before

You won't change all 4 for £100

and you must use genuine rears! they come with bearings and abs rings

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
You won't change all 4 for £100

and you must use genuine rears! they come with bearings and abs rings

And check that the spacers (or deflectors as Renualt call them) are present.

Definitely buy genuine Renault rear discs with std pads, front depending on what you do I'd say Brembo HC discs and std pads.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
As everone else says none renault (motrio) bearings have been known to fail also you need to make sure the rears are Torqued up correctly..

Basically you wont change all 4 for £100 just the rears for that price really.

04 Monaco Blue 172
ok fellas, point taken, i think ill do the rears this month and the fronts in the future then