ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Horn

Audi TT 3.2 V6
well lately there seems to have been a major decline in driving standards which is causing me to use my horn far more frequently...only problem is i think the clios horn sounds a bit gay...and people laugh more than anything else at it. anyone know how hard it is to fit a more manly sounding horn? maybe a fog horn? lol

Burgandy 174 sport t
get the air horn kit outta halfrauds scares the s**t out of most people when they get in ur way lol

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Big Iain said:
get the air horn kit outta halfrauds scares the sh*t out of most people when they get in ur way lol

how much am i looking at for that?

clio__chris said:
get a dixie horn
smiley4.gif

no no no no no no....shoot me again...i aint dead yet lol

Burgandy 174 sport t
just take a feed off the original horn, it comes with a wiring diagram and u will need 1 male spade connector and about 8 female spade connectors.

no need for a switch as u will use ur old horn button and a relay is included. U can put a fuse on to if u want but I didnt.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ahh right...the halfords horns road legal then? did you fix your new horn in origional location? wasnt sure whther id have to have it as secondary or not

Burgandy 174 sport t
na up near the battery is where mine is and yeah its road legal as its only one tone! u should have loads of room for the trumpets in ur engine bay.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol maybe i should line up 4 trumpets infront of the engine and tell everyone theyre throttle bodies?

maybe if i place them facing the back of the car when i beep the horn ill get a 10bhp increase due to the air bein pushed out...kinda jet propultion lmao

Last edited:
  Megane Mk4
I've noticed the RS version of the clio seems to have a "throatier" horn to it, You could try using one of them ;)

liquidized RacingBlue 182
i got me a nice triple air horn coz i no what ya mean ma clio horn was GAY... it was embarressing using it!!

ZT 1.8T
i thaught i was going to be laughed at for having air horns!! :D they R worth it when u see sum1 sh*t themselves after theyv just cut u up :)

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Surely they would piss people off though?

Quick way to get road rage/car keyed?

Burgandy 174 sport t
one_eight_two said:
i got me a nice triple air horn coz i no what ya mean ma clio horn was GAY... it was embarressing using it!!

wow thats a long way for the compressor to get to the trumpets, I made mine as short as poss, plus its dam easier than takin all the srch liners out. does look tidy though!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
did you have to snip of the origional horn connector or just shove a male spade but in it?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ahhh fair enuf. well i tested a few other clio horms...and mine sounds way worse than all of them lol really need to get my new horn fitted...think mines pretty shagged tbh

how do i fit one of these air horns...do i need a line off the battery...or just the one frm the horn already
cheers
jules

R35 GTR
julie-B said:
how do i fit one of these air horns...do i need a line off the battery...or just the one frm the horn already
cheers
jules

Depends really, but all the instructions are easy to follow, will be fitting mine tomorrow if weather is good.

There's a lorry or something that drives past my work with some stupidly loud horn that plays a tune. It's quality, never seen it, we can just hear it from the office window.

haha...ive just put mine on:D:D
bloody loud aswel

piece of piss to wire it up..just use the old connections from your old horn!!

:D

Audi TT 3.2 V6
julie-B said:
haha...ive just put mine on:D:D
bloody loud aswel

piece of piss to wire it up..just use the old connections from your old horn!!

:D

any pics? maybe a video? lol