ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Mk1 Rt Brakes - ASAP

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
i was planning to get this done on monday by a garage, but i NEED the car tomorow night, no other alternative, i have to use it. However, the brakes are absolutely fucked.

I've got a haynes manual, but am not technically experienced at all. My mate has offered to help me, who has changed his brakes on his Fiesta ZS a while back. As of yet im unsure of whether its pads or discs that i need to change, or both.

My question is really, have i got a f**king cat in hells chance of doing this myself?
Can anyonepost a quick guide for me to follow please, if one exists?
Anything in particular i should be careful of?

Thanks in advance guys

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
I know that mate, have been doing it for the past week, but they grind all the time now, whenever i brake, and seem to "stick" when i pull away i've ive had to brake hard to stop, really need to change them.

I've got a haynes manual, and it looks simple enough, however; Haynes manuals always seem to make everything look easy...

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
for your safety and the safety of others in your area, please would you not drive your car with the brakes in the condtion that they are currently.

if the worst happens and you knock down a child for example (i pray that you dont), you will not be able to live with your self and the guilt and remorse that will follow.

Fiesta ST
You should be ok with the Haynes. Just make sure you have everything you need before you start...

Jack
WD40 + Tools (Hammer might be handy)
Discs + Pads + Copper Slip
Bleeding Kit + Extra Brake Fluid
Clamp for the brake hoses

Shouldn't be too difficult, just take your time.

Jim_RT said:
Clamp for the brake hoses
Why do you need a calip I've never needed one all the tyime I've gone it you don't even use one for anyhting realy rear fuel pipe filter excepted.

Fiesta ST
edde said:
Why do you need a calip I've never needed one all the tyime I've gone it you don't even use one for anyhting realy rear fuel pipe filter excepted.

Sorry mate I made a mistake with that one, thought he was doing Caliper work as well.