ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Tweeters Help?

clio sport 1.4
Hey all,

Kinder new to the website and the actual car :) (used to drive a Nova lol) but i changed all the speakers in the car an now i have the tweeters left to do :( it's equaling to be a pain. I have read up on what i can find an i dun really want to take the dash out/cut hole on the grille above the tweeter. How do i change them? can i go throught the vents nearest to the door?

Also if i change my head unit (cus i'm using a standard cassette player connected wit my cd changer) wud it make the speakers louder? (especailly if it was like 4 x 50 rms or wateva lk lol! Can you also get a headunit whick enables you to keep the steering wheel volume up/down indicator thing?

THANKYOU LOADS!

Any help would be great thanks :D

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
you can turn the covers if you can get a grip on them. A thin flat head screwdriver or something like that to lift it off the dash a little will get it loose. They only turn a little before they are fully off.

If you manage to get them off, then get someone with small hands to take out and unplug the tweeters.

Clio Campus Sport 1.2 16v
lol, I forced my first cover off with a screw driver and broke one of the locking bits, then I discovered that you just turn them to take them out and found that i could just do it by hand by putting a hardly any pressure around the edges and then turning it.

I want to change my tweeters too but when i removed the covers they seemed to be slightly offset to the hole and it looks like its going to be awkward to remove them/fit the new ones.

Anybody else have similar problem?

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
Hang on guys, it depends what model clio he has. If it is a mk2 ph2, with the triangular lights, then yes you can twist off the tweeter grilles, but if it's a mk2 ph1, with round headlights, then you can't remove them

clio sport 1.4
ah tha's great stuff was gonna play with the screwdriver, glad i didn't now lol! uh i not sure i think it's it's a ph1 but this is the details: 2000 x reg 1.4 sport

hope that helps!

thanks

A well built VW
stewpot just take the dash top off its a 10 minute job or double sided tape them to the dash i know which i would prefer tbh

As for the steering controls most i.e. alpine,pioneer have kits available from the likes off www.caraudiodirect.co.uk that will operate the controls usually around £40-£45 for the bits

clio sport 1.4
ah thats great stuff, thanks guys! got the vents out like you sed but how do you unclip it cus i had the vents in my hand but they seemed like they were still connected! but taking the top of the dash off sounded better :) thanks!