ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CSF23 Charity suggestions for CSF23

Please select you preferred charity

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
We are looking for suggestions for the chosen charity for CSF23

We chose Dementia UK last time because it was a charity close to my heart due to losing my mum to the illness three years ago.

Once we have a list I’ll create a poll so you can vote for the one you’d like to choose.

Also if you know of any businesses that might be willing to donate raffle prizes we’d really appreciate if you could make contact with them on our behalf.

Thanks.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
https://www.familyfund.org.uk

They are a medium sized charity who offer financial (and other support) aid to low income families. I like them because they are committed to helping families with kids who have a very big range of disabilities or illnesses.

There are a number of very small charities in local areas who may well benefit much more from a donation than the larger charity above. I am trying to remember the name of one I saw a while back but they were a properly small team who spent their time running a free child care program for terminally ill or severely disabled children so their parents could have a night away. They started it after their child sadly died and just wanted to help other parents. If I can find them again I'll post up the details.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Homeless Aid UK, it's a small set up in the north west who are also trying to expand into London / Leeds.

They provide clothing and help to homeless including doing street food kitchens, working with local restaurants they also provide various free meals at the restaurants to feed the homeless.

On addition to this once they have assisted and found somewhere to live they keep in touch and assist with setting up in a new home.

It's run entirely by volunteers and on donations from the community

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know if this makes it massively difficult, but couldn't we do tokens like they do at ASDA for charity works?

Everyone gets a token, and can chose a box to put it in, the total money raised is then split according to how many tokens each charity received?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I don't know if this makes it massively difficult, but couldn't we do tokens like they do at ASDA for charity works?

Everyone gets a token, and can chose a box to put it in, the total money raised is then split according to how many tokens each charity received?

It’s a nice idea but ideally we like to invite our chosen charity along to have a presence at the event and get them to to do a little talk before the raffle.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Any cancer charity gets my vote.
Severn Hospice looked after my Mum before she passed last year and were excellent, obviously not a national charity so limited scope there, but would be a good choice IMO.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Not sure if it's too late, but this is something my mum mentioned and is trying to help.

Alexandra's House of Joy is a project to build a Centre for Adults in Bicester, Oxfordshire with severe and profound learning disabilities, to offer Respite and Hospice services.