ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Alloys Anyone?

172, Tiguan
Anybody find any that might fit a Clio yet (in 15")?

I'm assuming the centre bore can be adjusted with spigot rings?

syqema8a.jpg

I've 4 of those coming for less than £80. Couldn't care how they look on track.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DPEHOP2/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Nice spot, just bought a brand new set of four of these for £101. Cant go wrong really, you could knock these out on e bay for more.

Just noticed I bought the last four,result.

There £25 a wheel on eBay too so I wouldn't look at it as a money making exercise. Although if you type the manufacturing number into google you can get them for £20 so you lost out on a £20 saving there.

Just remember lads a alloy wheel for £20 isn't going to be the best in terms of safety just be prepared for sudden fractures and at high speed :dead: a friend of mine had a near death experience when his rota alloy sheared off at the hub due to a manufacturing fault wasn't nice put it that way.

Renault Clio 172 cup
There £25 a wheel on eBay too so I wouldn't look at it as a money making exercise. Although if you type the manufacturing number into google you can get them for £20 so you lost out on a £20 saving there.

Just remember lads a alloy wheel for £20 isn't going to be the best in terms of safety just be prepared for sudden fractures and at high speed :dead: a friend of mine had a near death experience when his rota alloy sheared off at the hub due to a manufacturing fault wasn't nice put it that way.

The model I bought are at cheapest £34 each on e bay ( and a rrp of £78 ), so I havent lost out really,and despite the fact I agree cheap wheels can be of a lower quality and standard and in some unfortunate ( usually when misused ) circumstances fracture, the fact is I have been using a set of wheels for the track I blagged off a scrapper car in the scrap yard I work in and have been using them for 18 months with no problem,and have bought various sets off e bay that I dont know the history of without any problems. Trading standards in this country generally filter out unscrupulous junk and stop it being sold.

Clio 172
I'd rather put bin lids on, what kind of rubbish metal are these going to be made of?! Rather you than me when they fail over a bump.

Renault Clio 172 cup
If they were selling these at £78 a wheel which is the RRP, and still the price of them on some places on e bay, which adds up to over £300 a set would you still be turning your noses up at them. They are obviously end of stock prices just to shift them. Too many wheel and tyre snobs on Cliosport who think if somethings cheap there must be something wrong with it.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I was just thinking wouldn't use them on track but with TUV approval (if real) that changes it a bit!

Clio 182
I went for the free super saver delivery so mine won't be here until Wednesday.
If you guys don't hear from me by Friday then they killed me due to cheapness and catastrophic failure.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I was just thinking wouldn't use them on track but with TUV approval (if real) that changes it a bit!

Agreed, I was reading this thinking "is wheels really a place to be saving money and getting a totally unknown quantity" but if they really are TUV then that certainly changes things.