ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Buckets and back pain?

Z4x2 & buying a 182
So after doing Brands Hatch on Wednesday in bog standard seats my back is not great. Ive never had issues so this is not a historic injury I can only put it down to that track day.

So I am thinking now is the time to get a bucket seat but I am on a budget and saving money for a) actual trackdays, b) tuition c) wheels and tyres etc

so I am looking at Cobra Monaco's from Demon Tweeks as last time I looked it was about £290 per seat including base frame etc etc.

2 questions

1. - for now I am still using normal seatbelts - will this all fit in the car without need for modification/grinding/welding etc?
2. Will this cheap seat, especially without harnesses, actually make that much of a difference?

Thanks

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Definitely find somewhere where you can sit in them prior to ordering, otherwise you could be wasting your money.

For bases look into Jon Foz X-low bases unless your very short. The omp option sits about 3 inches higher and they don't sit level without lots of messing around.

Standard belts fit fine. But you'll need to figurer out a way of mounting the pretensions buckles. Alternatively you can use a Peugeot 106 rear seat buckle and mount it to the floor where the subframe bolts through.

The standard seats are s**t, so a decent bucket will makes a big difference. I've used corbeau clubsports in the past and they were great for the money. I'm using recaro trendline from an Evo 8 now. But mounted to the extra low bucket subframes rather than the recaro low frames and these work great as a road car.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I will have 2x sparco sprint seats for sale in the next week already mounted on OMP frames. From memory they’re also on sliding rails. Looking for around £350. If interested pm me and I’ll get some pics sorted and over to you. (They’re at my dads)

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have sat in a few cobra Monaco’s and found them really uncomfortable, I ended up with Bimarco Futuras, they are lightweight and comfortable, you definitely need to go and try some seats before you buy.
The Jon Foz frames are good

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd love to get an improved seat for my 172. There's a cobra racer pro, OMP TRS and cobra imola all for sale nearby. All in decent condition and at around £100 but I've no idea which to go for.