ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap ICE improvements - help pse!

172 (sold), Elise,
Bored of the low quality standard install but have restrictions on ££ I can spend on the Clio.

Was looking for some help on good 'bang for buck' improvements.

I was thinking:

New Headunit - must be good with Ipod and hopefully would work with my HTC Magic (not a showstopper if it doesn't) - I like the Alpine ones but open to suggestions.

New front speakers - saw the thread on here about putting in larger ones which seemed like a good idea

Upgrade cabling etc.

Sub?? I like the sound they produce but my budget and boot space is at a premium!! Was considering a second hand 'stealth' version - are these OK? Are the 'under-seat' active subs worth considering? Would I be better missing out the sub and spending a bit more on head unit/speakers?

Amp?? Again I like what an amp can give you in terms of quality but £££ restricts me. Was considering a second hand 4 channel to power the fronts and the sub.

Rears - I was thinking of disconnecting the rears completely - good idea?

I'm looking for quality not volume and I normally listen to the radio (i.e. speech, rock/indie...and maybe a bit of 'pop'/dance.

The less I spend the more I have for other things but was hoping to look second hand as much as possibe and do it all myself for a couple of hundred quid.

Thanks in anticipation!

is the standard really that bad?? i've only replaced my headunit so I can use my ipod but everything else seems fine - although I can see problems might arise if you start banging the tunes out like a c**t & if thats what you're aiming for you'll need to spend much more than £200 to quality sound

172 (sold), Elise,
Hmmm...I know I'm pushing it.

I am considering just replacing the front speakers and maybe getting some system of plugging my ipod into the standard system.

I like my quality audio but money spread thinly at the moment!

172 CUP
get a decent head unit for about £100 then you can buy a good set of component speakers for £100