ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Microfibres at Asda

Honda & VW
Just been into a local Asda, they had packs of 6 Microfibre cloths for £2 so just 33p each.

yet to actually text out to see if safe for paint, if not they're still a cheap cloth

CD test pass = cheap MFs.
CD test fail = cheap MFs for tyres/interior/glass/engine/arches...

Win, win.

Honda & VW
CD test pass = cheap MFs.
CD test fail = cheap MFs for tyres/interior/glass/engine/arches...

Win, win.

Precisely, only bought 2 bundles as currently have more 'dirty work' cloths than I do 'for best'.
Like that they come in Orange and blue as all mind are yellow.

iceberg phase 2 172
these the ones made by kent ? if so they a pretty decent , and at that price its a steal . the drying towels they sell are also very good (also £2)

Honda & VW
these the ones made by kent ? if so they a pretty decent , and at that price its a steal . the drying towels they sell are also very good (also £2)

Yeah they had the drying towels there also, they were £3. Wasn't so intrigued by them as they weren't that big plus didn't like the look/feel of the piping round the edge of them.

oh and btw their range of Demon stuff has gone back to full price i.e. £6 or £8 depending on the product

Honda & VW
costco one's are decent!

Yeah that's what the majority of mine are Dan £11 for 36 so 30p each, however Costco isn't viable for most (Myself including, only get them if and when a friends dad goes) whereas Asda's are everywhere so might be a good shout quality depending

The very same. IIRC they don't pass the CD test, but for gen purp they're good value.

costco one's are decent!

Aye, again, don't pass the CD test but worth the cost for some cheap dirty work ones.

YB; my Halfords trick still works with the Demon Shine Rapid Dirt Shifter...! £2.25 heeyoooooo.

Honda & VW
Cheers JD, just done the CD test and I'm pleased to say not a single mark. You sure the Costco ones didn't pass JD, I recall they changed their microfibre brand.

Recently? If so, I'm not up to date. I'm talking two years ago, so probably not clever to brand them all the same...

Honda & VW
Recently? If so, I'm not up to date. I'm talking two years ago, so probably not clever to brand them all the same...

Don't know how long ago but I know the latest cloths are said to be decent compared to what they used to stock.
​will check later on and confirm

Whats the 'CD Test' chaps?

Clean CD with no marks on the underside. Wipe the MF across the CD with as much force as you would use to remove wax/polish/using a QD spray. If it marks the CD finish, it will mark your paint, thus is no good. If not, it's paint "safe".

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Clean CD with no marks on the underside. Wipe the MF across the CD with as much force as you would use to remove wax/polish/using a QD spray. If it marks the CD finish, it will mark your paint, thus is no good. If not, it's paint "safe".

​Thanks, everyday is a school day :)

BG 182

Ah right! Thanks for that. Bought 10 MFs from eBay for £7, feel very soft so will try the CD test. The Kent ones from B&Q feel pretty rough compared to them..