ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheap phase 1 172

nothing
been looking arround for a phase 1 172 for a bit but after looking into them in a bit more detail realised there not all silver so looked at a few exclusive models and a fair few silver models and yet to actually bite the bullet and buy one, but this has appeared on gumtree not far from me, ive spoke to the owner and been advised that theres lots of recipts and mots, dealer history stopped at 40k its not on 95k but as log as theres proof that its had the attention it should have had then id be happy, condition wise im told theres a few parking dings on the door but other wise its in good condition

issues that have been brought up are abs light,airbag light and handbrake/brake fluid level light on, all which ive encountered before on them

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renaultsport-clio-172-20-16v-phase-1/89902810

im guessing and it is a guess that the abs light will be rusty or broken up abs rings, the brake light on im thinking pad wear wiring might have been removed and the wires joined as he said the lights went out and came back on and the airbag light will no doubt be the seatbelt pretensioner wiring under the seat

its a bit high on the mileage compared to what id usually go for but its just to get me behind the seat of one to see if i like it or not before buying a more expensive model next year

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I would be asking about the belts, to get both belts and depahser done you are looking at more than the car is worth give or take.

But then if its only for a year you could risk it year long and break it at the end to make the cash back.

p.s Assuming it inst a lemon you will love it, it's infectious.

172 CUP
I would want to know why its currently sorn, also ask for more pics before you go see it. Does it have FSH?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
id spend a few more hundred and get a really nice one, there are loads out there just now for sale, some bargains. great cars, iv got a ph1 flamer and love it, if its been looked after mileage isnt an issue, mines done 107k and runs like a dream. mines had new shocks and eibach springs fitted, i added a whiteline arb, handles really well now.

nothing
spoke to the owner its been registered sorn as its a 3rd car and did retax it at the end of september when the tax ran out, ive been advised that the belts have been done but if theres no proof then it might be worth getting them done, also asked about noises when driving and how the gearbox is and he said there perfect with no issues said id give him £700 for it as its got a few issues that ill need to sort out ie abs,airbag,brake warning lights which in themself arent big jobs so just got to go and have a good look arround it now

ashey its a shame you arent closer as i cant seem to find a phase 1 under 100k up here

david

330i. E30 Touring.
Don't listen to this lot, imo. Buy cheap enough and you can't lose. So you pay £700. Engine s***s itself- you can sell a broken engine for £200. Gearbox £150. Seats £150. Bumpers- £150. Money back and you've still got most of a car left!

spoke to the owner its been registered sorn as its a 3rd car and did retax it at the end of september when the tax ran out, ive been advised that the belts have been done but if theres no proof then it might be worth getting them done, also asked about noises when driving and how the gearbox is and he said there perfect with no issues said id give him £700 for it as its got a few issues that ill need to sort out ie abs,airbag,brake warning lights which in themself arent big jobs so just got to go and have a good look arround it now

ashey its a shame you arent closer as i cant seem to find a phase 1 under 100k up here

david

I know i was lucky to find mine it was a friends car, a good example hardly used. Lucky to find a cheap PH1 with less then 80k

nothing
i just want a toy/project to have a play with, havent had a renault for years and always loved the ones i had g5 gtt and r11gtt great wee cars and alot of fun until they break

plan is to buy it and give it a good clean, spend some money on it and enjoy it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
£800 + £600 to do belts + sort out the few issues it has (handrake light coming on is usually low brake fluid in resovoir, so usually worn discs and pads, ur probably talking £1500 for a high millage one, u would get a lower millage full history one for not much more than that!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
or, buy my clio cup auxillary set up to remove the a/c and only pay £250 to have the belts done :)

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Ph1's are cheap at the moment, and if you look around low mileage ones are about, mines on 61k :)

197 FF Glacier White
I'd buy that if it was cheaper, bargain run around, and if it does break, it's worth more in bits anyway. Nice looking car for that money, just don't expect a minter! If it is as good as it looks in the pics, it's a steal.

nothing
any work that needs done will be done by myself, parts are the only think i have to pay out for, im more then capable of doing my own work which is a bonus :)

ill go see it, and see what the reciepts are for and have a look at the history that comes with it, the owners said the only think on the exterior is a few carpark dents on the door which at this point in its life is nothing, its 100 times better then the other one i looked at with dodgy gearbox for the same money lol at least i can drive this one

i dont expect a minter, i expect a car thats over 10 years old, the cleaner the better lol

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
any parts you need mate. join here as a member and pick the parts up off the for sale section

nothing
as soon as i get one its the first thing ill be doing, also need to have a good read to learn a bit more about options for them

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I just bought one with tax and mot, lowered, turbines, stainless exhaust, new coil pack and leads, recent clutch and belts, needs a new ball joint and an oil leak needs doing, that's it £500

There was a bargain ph2 on here for £800 ono yesterday which had a misfire, that was a proper bargain.

nothing
cant find a bargain and all the ones that i find are 98k upwards so gonna put the money away and do what i wanted to do before and just get a nice blue 172 cup, was my mates wee car that always made me want one so might as well just go and get one like his rather then making do with somethning just because its cheap

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
cant find a bargain and all the ones that i find are 98k upwards so gonna put the money away and do what i wanted to do before and just get a nice blue 172 cup, was my mates wee car that always made me want one so might as well just go and get one like his rather then making do with somethning just because its cheap

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?607181-Ph-1-172-project-for-sale-%A3700

T
hats a cheap 172 if you can knock a bit more off, a couple of hundred and it'll be nice enough.